Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
local options as of right now,

the first 2 options I will be looking to have custom pipes out the back.

1. used magnaflow single 2.50 '' in-let 18'' body duel out-let 2.25'' $60 bucks

2. new magnaflow duel in-let 2.25'' 14'' body 2.25'' out-let $90 bucks + tax

3.new magnaflow single in-let 2.25'' 14'' body single out-let 2.25'' $70 + tax i would probably just weld this one in replacing the stock muffler

I just want a quite rumble and no drone. I don't want it to be ricy at all, I never drive into the upper RPM's so I don't care to much if it sound ricy up there.

thanks all

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Your second option is best. The dual in/out 2.25 is going to be your best. I am not sure thou if the 14" body is going to be quiet enough for you. You may have to find a muffler with a larger body.

Also, since you stay in the lower rpm range, then the 2.25 is perfect. The 2.5 will only help if you are boosted or in the higher rpm range.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I agree the dual 2.25" in/out is your best choice. If you haven't done any other exhaust work, I dont think it will be too loud, but everybody has different tastes about that. Having had both flowmaster and magnaflow on my truck, I can tell you the flowmaster did have a deeper rumble at lower rpms. The magnaflows do sound more aggressive particularly in the mid range and I think they are the better performer. However this is because its a straight through design, and like dubie was indicating they dont quite your exhaust much unless you have a pretty big muffler. I know my dual 18" round magnaflows are much louder than my single dual in/out flowmaster was.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
If you don't want any drone, you would want the longest Magnaflow you can get. I used a 14" and attached a resonator to get the sound I wanted after the drone drove me crazy. Also, mufflers, like fine wine, mellow with age. So give it some time. The used one might be your best option.

And now a gratuitous picture of my Y-Pipe! :nana:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts