Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2016 Pro4X with the auto climate control - I'm guessing all the USA Pro4Xs have the same setup??

Anyway, my question is - for the life of me, I can't figure out how to run the climate control in any way (auto/manual mode, etc...) without the A/C compressor running/cycling...

Even if it's 50 degrees out and I have the heat on - it still wants to run the A/C compressor... To me, if you just want heat or fresh air - there is no need to run the compressor. Bought vehicle new and it has done this since day 1...

Am I missing something???

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Make sure you are not using the defrost/windshield vents or the combo of windshield/floor vents as these will automatically require the AC. When cycling from one function that requires AC to another that should/will not 'will default' to AC being on requiring that the AC button be pressed to manually turn off the compressor.
Oh, and read the damn owners manual for kicks! lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure you are not using the defrost/windshield vents or the combo of windshield/floor vents as these will automatically require the AC. When cycling from one function that requires AC to another that should/will not 'will default' to AC being on requiring that the AC button be pressed to manually turn off the compressor.

Oh, and read the damn owners manual for kicks! lol

Yeah. I did read the owner's manual. Basically, I figured out what you said. If you turn on windshield / floor - compressor runs automatically - regardless of temp... Which to me is kinda dumb

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
The AC dries out the air. This helps defrost the windshield. In some high humidity climates, having dry air warm is more comfortable than wet warm air. After all "conditioning" the air is more than just cooling it down.

Some auto climate control systems keep the AC on 100% of the time (as I am learning with this Ford I now possess).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts