Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant make up my mind. Should i get 265/70/17 nitto terra grapplers or get the 285/70/17. I am really worried about the drop in performance. I have stock le wheels and tires on now and didnt notice much difference from stock 235's. Please help me make a decision. what would you do?

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
285/70/17 and go for the BFG A/T TKO. Youll be golden.

·
Registered
371 Posts
285/70/17 and go for the BFG A/T TKO. Youll be golden.
x2, i was going to get the 31x10.50 15 at's but went with 33x10.50 i think its about the same size as 285 70. power loss was noticable but nothing drastic. with a header, muffler and intake youll get that lost power back. you're a 2.5L right?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have good pictures of an xe with 33's and a 3/2 spacer lift? I think ill regret getting the smaller tires after spending all that money and it not have that lifted big tire truck look. Why not spend a little more and do it right? I once had an 86 22r tacoma with 33's that i had to downshift just to go up hills so im hoping i dont have that problem with my 2.5

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
I think ill regret getting the smaller tires after spending all that money and it not have that lifted big tire truck look. Why not spend a little more and do it right?
If this is the case you might as well go with the suspension lift.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
When I originally put on my lift and 265/75R16 nitto terra grapplers I noticed a slight performance loss. But its not noticeable anymore with the performance mods Ive done to my 4 cylinder.:)

EDIT: Well I just read all your posts completely and yah I did have to downshift to make it up hills a lot with just my like 31s. My 31s dont look that bad though with about 4" of lift up front and 1.5" in the back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine is an automatic i have 265/65/17 on there now and the performance loss was barely noticeable. i think they are like a 31 inch tire right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts