Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So she doesn't mind the thought of a lift for the truck, but I've always like the Titan lift better because I've thought the Fabtech and Calmini lifts look kinda funny with the narrow wheel width. Those two could greatly benifit from wide wheels or wheel spacers. So I figure, why not just go with the Titan lift and be done with it. She's worried that the wider wheel track won't look good or look tacky. Lets see your set up so I can convince her otherwise!

Please post pics of your Titan lifts, thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Just take her off road with your spacer lift, let her complain about the jarring ride and then explain how much better the truck will ride off road Titan swapped. I didn't do it on purpose, but that's basically how I explained it to my Wife.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is about the looks, not the ride. Got any titan lift pics? I searched on this site already, but half the threads have broken links to pictures, and the other half are threads with all other lifts. I'm looking for Titan specific.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Just tell her about the better turning radius and she should be sold. That is the one reason why I have always considered the tswap on my 2wd asphalt truck but funds have stopped it there. If you are going to lift and want something different and better , go with the tswap and build from there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
So she doesn't mind the thought of a lift for the truck, but I've always like the Titan lift better because I've thought the Fabtech and Calmini lifts look kinda funny with the narrow wheel width. Those two could greatly benifit from wide wheels or wheel spacers. So I figure, why not just go with the Titan lift and be done with it. She's worried that the wider wheel track won't look good or look tacky. Lets see your set up so I can convince her otherwise!

Please post pics of your Titan lifts, thanks!
add the titan lift, paint your wheel wells pink, add some purple rims and she would be just happy:kiss:::grin::

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Easiest sell (if she's already onboard for ANY lift) is you'll only spend the money once. I made the "mistake" of lifting with conventional methods (extended travel stock geometry) and it's just not quite enough. My big thing is I didn't want to go wider. NewEngland trails are narrow. "Everyone" you see running TS have aftermarket rims which pushes your track even wider. Nisstec posted a video of their red test-mule with stock rims and (@ 27sec) it does not hang out as far as most other's rigs. Had I seen this before buying my coilovers I'd have gone the TS route out of the gate with my stock rims. If you want even wider, you want to either run spacers or aftermarket wheels.

·
Premium Member
12,048 Posts
shes a lost cause just get a different wife.

i do a ton of **** to my vehicle and she never even notices. i bet she feels the same way about her nails and what not.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I hate to agree with Andyfancypants, but there are some things you just don't ask you wife about.

I was just at my son-in-laws place and he was telling me that he wanted to run power to his new
garage but my daughter thinks it's dangerous and doesn't want it. I'm like WTF dude, why are you
her about things like that ... she can barely plug in an oven without hyperventilating. just take
care of things that need to be done. It's no disrespect... I love my daughter, but there are just
"man things".

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Gosh, I love being a woman on a truck forum sometimes. :rolleyes:

I built my truck with purpose in mind rather than looks, but I don't think it looks bad or tacky.

I have somewhere around 3.5-4" of lift, stock wheels, and 1.75" wheel spacers in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Just tell her about the better turning radius and she should be sold. That is the one reason why I have always considered the tswap on my 2wd asphalt truck but funds have stopped it there. If you are going to lift and want something different and better , go with the tswap and build from there.
I'm not convinced that the turning radius is changed at all by the titan swap. It does look awesome, though.

My summer wheels sit about an inch further out than stock.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The turn radius was way better with the Titan swap on my truck. That was one of the first things I noticed when I drove it after it was finished. It's still not great but it's way better in my opinion. Those of you that don't remember go hop in a stock truck and see how it turns compared to your Titan swapped truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
That was one thing I was interested in, so I did a non-scientific before and after u turn test in a parking lot and saw next to no difference.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
That was one thing I was interested in, so I did a non-scientific before and after u turn test in a parking lot and saw next to no difference.

Weird my truck was like a completely different truck afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
Does a TS on 4x4 vs 4x2 make any difference?

Frontiers:
Ironically, Gen 2 4x2s have a very slightly larger turning radius than 4x4s in stock form.

43.3' = SV 4x4/P4X
43.6' = SV/DR 4x2
47.5' = SV/SL 4x4 LWB
47.8' = SV/SL 4x2 LWB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts