Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2012 2wd with 58k miles on it and I have recently noticed a low pitch noise coming from the front end when slowing down. I just replaced my rotars with dimpled and slotted ones but I don't think that should make difference.

I haven't gotten under it yet but I doubt I'll see anything.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If the noise just started when you installed the rotors the suffice to say it's probably the rotors.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,767 Posts
If you remember when taking something apart to take a picture of each step as you disassemble it you'll have photographs to be able to reassemble the same way.

Clint

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did the pads. I would agree that it's the rotars but I'm 90% sure it was happening before. It's just slowly getting worse/more noticeable. And it's such a low rumble I can't see it being clips.

Thanks Clint. I do indeed take pictures. This is another reason I don't think it's brake related.

Maybe a bearing?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wheel bearing growl/howl/grumble the easy way is find a empty parking lot away from lots of noise roll your windows down both fronts and make medium turns both left and right if the sound goes away then there you go. When you turn left listen for the front right to go away and when you turn right listen for the left to go away

·
Registered
183 Posts
To make sure it's not bearings. Jack it up and grab the wheel at the 3-9 and shake it back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts