Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help removing front shocks!!!

EDIT: changed the title

So I thought this would be easy enough that I could do in an evening after work. Of course Murphy had to show up. The problem is I can't remove one of the three nuts that holds the passenger side strut in place. I'm guessing those bolts are pressed in place, but one of them is loose so the nut just turns the bolt. I could only loosen it so much by holding the tip of the bolt with vise-grips, but I can't go any further without removing the vise grips now.

Is my best option to just cut it off and get a new one pressed in?

Can I even get access to press a new bolt in?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link...I was actually looking for a write-up earlier but the instructions that came with the kit worked pretty well.

It looks like nobody had the same issue I had with the upper shock bolts/studs being loose though. Does anyone know of a simple way for me to fix this?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump...anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not 100% sure where your talking about? Do you mean where the top of the coil mounts to the upper control arm?
Yes that's it. I'm hoping today I get a chance to get the truck back on stands and go at it again.

:comphead:click on the pic
then search nissan frontier
I know how it should be done, I've just run into a hiccup removing the front shocks/struts that I'm not sure how to get around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts