Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my PRG 4x4 Advanced Coilover Package. Here is the deal...

I am out of state for the next 3 months. I am going to put this suspension on this weekend but ALL my tools are home 2000 miles away.

Please let me know what tools I will need. I only have one truck and will not be able to leave and go shopping for any parts once the suspension is off. (no friends here)

Can you all please help me gather a list of things I will need to install this package? Radflos (front), UCA's, Bilsteins (back) and Deavers.

Please. I need to gather all these things BEFORE I begin install. I dont want to be stranded with no suspension/truck and have to get a ride to Autozone for parts and tools.

Here is what I do have: (found in my truck)
Jack
Ratchet set
Hacksaw
C clamps
Misc small carpentry tools....

Gracias....

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
your gonna need a 22 mm for the nut that holds the spindle to the uca and i believe everything else is 17 mm thru 19 mm deep sockets help alot too and some extensions also i dont know if a hacksaw will fit in there to cut the driver side uca bolt out because of the steering might need a sawzall . and yea a big sledge hammer to seperate the spindle from the uca and some pliers to pull the cotter pins and last but not least a torque wrench and a case of beer and im sure theres more just all i remember right now :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hope you have a floor jack, a set of jack stands, BREAKER BAR, a torch is good to heat up bolts, make sure your metric socket set goes to 22 mm, a can of nut breaker, set metric wrenches. The job isn't hard it's getting everything apart without stripping anything. Word of advice take yor time not to strip bolts and nuts. Not to many places sell the metric nuts and bolts that fit our trucks.

·
Super Moderator
11,721 Posts
You don't want to hear this but, better to wait until your back on home ground. Should you have an issue while away you're screwed.

Clint

·
Registered
50 Posts
The instructions from PRG are pretty good
C-Clamp for Deavers.
Extra Blades for Saws all would be smart
I have also seen others suggest grease for UCA when assembling

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just finished mine. Here's a list that might help you:
front suspension:
1. 22mm uca ball joint socket,
2. 2-3lb sledge hammer,
3. 19mm deep socket + 19mm wrench + breaker bar w/ extension (lower strut bolt)
4. 14mm socket + 14mm wrench (upper strut bolts)
5. 19mm UCA bolts
6. sawzall to cut one of the UCA bolts
7. standard socket/wrench set to reinstall new radflo top mounts
8. 17mm wrench (sway bar link nuts)
9. wisegrip pliers, needlenose pliers, adjustable wrench (small and big)
10. wire cloth hanger to hold spindle in place after it is disconnected
11. jack stands
12. hydralic jack

rear suspension:
1. 19mm lower shock mounts
2. 17mm upper shock mounts
3. 19mm u-bolt nuts (deep socket)
4. 14mm wrench to remove stock overload spring pin
5. 6mm allen key to remove stock overload spring guides
6. 2x heavy duty c-clamps (to compress leaves together)

please add if I missed something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts