Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could really use some help indentifying this coolent hose so that I can buy the replacement part. going on parts websites it was hard to narrow down the grouping - although it routes the radiator fluid, it doesn't look like any of the radiator hoses shown in diagram. It manifolds out from under the throttle body and is routed to the driver side of the engine. Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure it is just my lack of reading diagrams. 2005 SE KC V6 Auto.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Easiest thing may be to just measure outside and inside diameter and just buy some universal radiator hose. Auto parts store will have plenty of options. Or better yet just bring the hose for them to match.

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
Go to any parts store the sell it by the foot, buy new clamps too, easy fast fix.

Clint

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you ever kill your battery because you used it to power a trolling motor and no one has jumper cables...a length of 12/2 Romex will suffice.
Just 4 months ago I used a piece of Romex as an additional ground on a friends Explorer, where his (-) battery cable was too corroded to start. It got him home, then I find out a few weeks ago it's still in there, and he never replaced the cable.

Romex was all he had, so that's what we used.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok, for a temporary fix to get home, Romex is a clever solution. Leaving it in there is a fire waiting to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ok, for a temporary fix to get home, Romex is a clever solution. Leaving it in there is a fire waiting to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing was burning with the original wiring, which is still all there although corroded. This was in addition to that wiring. But I hear you, the solid copper eventually will likely crack from vibration, causing a hot spot. That vehicle will be in the shop long before that happens, and it gets little use.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the responses and the part number! The hose sprung a leak while driving on the highway during 5 o'clock traffic. Duct tape is my must have in all our cars - it really is the miracle tool. I decided to KISS and bought the hose at an autoparts store ($2.50 / ft), but will sticky the link to the hose guide. Thanks again - the community always come through!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts