Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Help finding an after market rear door tweeter

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  raine 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2014 Pro 4X with the RF sound system and was getting some awful distortion in the rear door speakers. Long story short, it seems the rear door tweeters are bad. What's my best bet for a same or better quality aftermarket tweeter with the least amount of modification. I am keeping everything else stock.

#2 ·
Are these coaxial speakers? If so, just shop around for new coaxials that will fit.
If they are component speakers (separate/separated tweeter & woofer) then you can purchase tweeters by themselves. You'll want to know if your system is 2 or 4 ohm for the best match.

#3 ·
I am looking for stand alone tweeters. I noticed on the larger 6.5" speaker in the door is said 2 ohms but I didn't see anything on the ~1" tweeter. I could replace it with OEM speakers but they are pretty expensive for what you get.

#4 ·
The OEM rear speaker is a 6.5", save yourself the hassle of trying to "repair" half of the OEM RF speaker and just replace them as a whole with a pair of decent aftermarket coaxials from Kenwood, Alpine, Polk, or even Rockford Fosgate. You can a lot of good, drop-in replacements choices for around $39.99/pair on Crutchfield (includes everything to install) or slightly less if you just search eBay for bare drivers only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.