Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Help deciding on vehicle scheme and overall direction...

878 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  screamingdemon 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so I've got a red 2005 CC 4x4 Fronty that I for the life of me can't decide what overall layout I want to go with on it.

I know what I'm going with performance wise in the next week or so:
Volant Intake
Bullydog GT
Secondary Cat Delete

Unless some other option comes out I'm most likely going with the PRG advanced lift as of now or go with a setup like mike has on here.

But I'm wondering mainly about what bumpers would suit my truck best along with the possibility of doing Rhino lining on the future bumpers and fender flairs/lower doors. I'm also hung up on if I should still incorporate chrome in on the scheme or try to minimize that. Sorry if this seems like a rant, it's not meant to be by no means.

As far as bumpers are concerned I'm stuck between going all out with the Calmini bumpers or KMA. I like both looks but since I don't see myself ever purchasing a winch that isn't a deciding factor at all. I'm more leaning towards the Calmini bumpers to be honest because I like the look of them and they seem to be built as well as I'd need. The KMA front bumper is well...beefy and probably more than I really need bumper wise.

For rims I'll most likely be rocking the stockers either powder coated black or Rhinolined. Or maybe some chrome 18's....I'm really conflicted in this dilemma.

My use of my truck is daily driving, getting to my hunting spots, and random offroading. Not a rock crawler by no means. But I'll most likely go with some sliders anyways.

Any input guys?

See less See more
#2 ·
For the bumper the calmini dose not have front recovery points for D-ring mounts even if your not going to offroad your truck they are still very nice to have in case you do get stuck. Also Calmini's shipping is horrible most times they do not stock parts and wait till they have 5 or 10 orders before they make them. KMAs are built to order so you might wait a little bit but they tend to ship faster then Shrockworks. Unless your planing on doing a lot of offroading there is no need to rhino line the rockers or fenders IMO.

As for lift the Icon/Total chaos set up is a nice package up front as are the PRG coil over set ups cant go wrong either way there.

For wheels I personally think the stock Nismo wheels are a little nicer looking that then SEs but with either option get them powder coated over rhino lined. Because rhino lining is a spray and has some weight to it there is a higher chance that it will throw off the wheel balance over normal spray paint or powder-coating.

Sliders are a great mod even if your truck rarely sees a trail. They make a good jacking point when you have a flat. Add a nice step into the cab if your on the shorter side. They also protect your truck a little bit from door dings and dents.

As for the chrome my personal taste with an offroad type build I say lose all the chrome. Red with black is a very clean looking truck when done right

#3 ·
So what's your thoughts on the prerunner style bumpers from KMA or should I just get the regular bumpers they offer?

"Prerunner":

I'm not real sure how these would look on a red frontier...I'm not really wanting real heavy bumpers since I can't afford much of a drop in MPG overall.

#4 ·
i like their rear but not their front pre runner style one (i'm not a fan of most pre runner bumpers) You should be able to find a local fab shop that could build you a nice bumper for the front with the KMA rear

#5 ·
I live in a small town....takes a little over an hour to get to the city....so yea...I haven't been able to find a shop that will fab me a bumper for nothing...so I'm stuck with the very few options that's currently for the Frontier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.