Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am totally at a loss but I need some advice. The other day out of the blue I started my 2004 nissan frontier and the clutch pedal felt loose so I drove 3 miles to the store stopped got back in truck started it and it felt the same. Got home 1 mile later and it was semi hard to get in reverse. Try to start it the next day and it jumped forward like I wasn't pressing the clutch so I replaced the slave and master cylinder because the both looked like they had a small leak. By the way this is a 4 cylinder. Now the truck starts fine goes into gear fine and I can get it to go but it's almost like I'm driving with emergency break on I have to really press the gas to the floor and it will barely go. Same in reverse... also if I put it in 3 or 4th and totally let off the clutch pedal it doesnt stall it doesnt do anything it just sits there and runs.
I should say also that my clutch never slipped and I never had any issues at all with it, this all happened in an hours and within 5 miles. If yall can give me any advice I would appreciate it very much. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
By definition if a manual truck is in gear and there is no motion, it means the clutch is really worn. An alternative hypothesis is your throwout bearing is show which prevents the clutch plate from engaging.

Either way, you have a clutch job in the near future on your plate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was afraid of. It has 110,000 and it never showed any signs of the clutch going, no slipping or grinding or anything. It just went literally all in maybe 5 miles and 20 minutes. Is it a hard job to put a clutch in this year Nissan?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. It has 110,000 and it never showed any signs of the clutch going, no slipping or grinding or anything. It just went literally all in maybe 5 miles and 20 minutes. Is it a hard job to put a clutch in this year Nissan?
It's a drop the tranny type of job. Not easy. Cost about $1500 if you have a mechanic do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts