Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace my stock radio and center dash piece does not come out like the metra kit states!!!

I can unclip it at the bottom, but then the top is still stuck... I tried for 1 hour prying it different ways and it simply does not come out!

Yes... I removed the screw and tray on top 1st....

HOW DOES THIS FREAKIN THING COME OUT!!!.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mine had 2 other screws that I had to remove to get it to come out. Check to the left and right of the center screw, maybe a little lower than it. I pulled and pulled on the dash after removing the center screw and it wouldn't budge. The 2 extra screws were holding the metal factory bracket on the radio to the metal bracket that's behind the dash.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine had 2 other screws that I had to remove to get it to come out. Check to the left and right of the center screw, maybe a little lower than it. I pulled and pulled on the dash after removing the center screw and it wouldn't budge. The 2 extra screws were holding the metal factory bracket on the radio to the metal bracket that's behind the dash.
Here is a pic of the one on the right side. Stand on your head and look at the screen and it will show you the one on the left.... :laugh:

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
there is a screw under the coin tray. thats the tray on top of the center section. the screw on that metal tab holds the radio itself in. remove the coin tray, remove the screw, then pull the center dash. it will pull right out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
there is a screw under the coin tray. thats the tray on top of the center section. the screw on that metal tab holds the radio itself in. remove the coin tray, remove the screw, then pull the center dash. it will pull right out.
On the '09 & '10 you have to remove the 2 screws for the radio bracket as well.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i forgot the radio is integrated into the dash. that makes sense that you have to remove those screws as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts