Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
How long have they been stuck on for? Maybe try and reset the system?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If that exact thing just happened to mine, I would take off the negative on the battery for a few mins, and fire it back up. I'm not sure that is the text book way, but I'd be thinking my system was being dumb and to make it reset.

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
If that exact thing just happened to mine, I would take off the negative on the battery for a few mins, and fire it back up. I'm not sure that is the text book way, but I'd be thinking my system was being dumb and to make it reset.
It's like when your computer is having an issue, "if in doubt reboot".

Clint

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes. Check the rear ones. They are in a spot where things can get caught on them. I accidently uncliped mine when I was removing my bed. Slip and ABS wouldnt go off.
idle where do the rear come unplugged at? the wheel or under neath the bed? do i need to remove the wheels?

update....with the rear in the air, in 1st gear both wheels spin...at first. if i stop one by hand and hold it it makes a deep clunking/clicking noise from the rear diff and the wheel kinda jerks forward and back slightly. same for both sides.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
idle where do the rear come unplugged at? the wheel or under neath the bed? do i need to remove the wheels?
Mine was the one that runs along the rear diff. Check them all though. I would try the battery reset thing before I crawled around in the snow. When I found out what my problem was I had to reset the battery after I pluged it back in.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine was the one that runs along the rear diff. Check them all though. I would try the battery reset thing before I crawled around in the snow. When I found out what my problem was I had to reset the battery after I pluged it back in.
i will check be back in about 10 min. tried to reset w/ no luck. imma go check the lines

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
why don't you do one of the elocker mods so that you can engage it whenever you want. just a quick bit of wiring and it shouldn't matter that the lights are on and that your not in 4wd to use it. there are a few different write ups on the forum about ways to do it on trucks that already came with the locker and there are simple diagrams that people have made to show how to wire up the e locker on a truck that didn't come with one from the factory. Penski's diagram of how so simply wire it up and this will bypass the lockers computer and all that bs and you can use it whenever you want

this wont fix the lights or get you into 4wd but it will atleast get you the locker

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
now that i think about it this may not be an option for ya since unlike myself most people aren't electricians that keep mass amounts of wire, connectors, switches, ect just laying around. but if you do this will let you get through tonight and till you can find the real problem

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. Check the rear ones. They are in a spot where things can get caught on them. I accidently uncliped mine when I was removing my bed. Slip and ABS wouldnt go off.
checked all abs sensors all were plugged in...but the rear 2 wires for abs were packed solid with road dirt and ice from the storm that just left here. looks like imma call the dealer tomorrow and try to get it there and pick up a loaner! this sucks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:confused:

Diff Lock Control unit maybe?

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/blinking-diff-light-abs-light-slip-light-55792/

Don’t know what else you can check. Isn’t there a fuse that disables the ALBS? Maybe try that… I’m lost when it comes to electronics hope someone chimes in that knows. That can be a very expensive tow if you are out of warranty
extended warranty w/ $100 deductible on evrything attatched to the truck and AAA Gold w/ 100 miles free towing FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!:fantastic:

·
Registered
253 Posts
x3

Bad abs sensor had that problem on my titan and would not engage 4wd when I needed it, Plus you get really **itty gas mileage because the computer thinks the truck is slipping and is apply the brakes to stop wheel spin.

I would not drive it very far that way.

Take it to a stealership or to advanced auto parts (free usually) or someone that can read the codes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts