Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hi: Just joined. I have a 2001 Desert Runner. Had it for 4 yrs. I have replaced the timing belt and accessory drive belts. I have also put in a set of 3.90 differential gears which has helped my gas mileage, but the pinion shaft does not have the teeth to activate the abs system. So I now have my light on all the time. Also, my speedometer is 10 mph off at 65mph. It now has 120,000miles. I was most recently getting a check engine light, but I fixed it by changing the temp sensor and thermostat. I have also put in a K&N air filter, glass pack muffler, synthetic oil in all the gear boxes and engine. My front seal was leaking on the manual 5 spd, so I had it replaced along w/the clutch, pressure plate, rear main seal and pan gasket. The clutch disk was not in bad shape, but w/the trans out, why not. Even w/the synthetic oil, the trans if difficult to get in 1st gear when its cold. Otherwise, the truck is a kick to drive. The 3.90 gears make 5th an option now on the highway and 1st gear more usable. I joined the forum to get help w/ the check engine light and speedometer error for the most part. I would also like to get some more power for towing w/out spending thousands.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.