Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stlll thinking about installing one of these on a 2016 SL. I know this has been discussed but wondering what problems were encountered with the install and how it has worked over a few years.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Why do you think you need it? Ive been sans sway for 5yrs no issue

·
Registered
Great truck
1,038 Posts
I would like rather have both, also

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,604 Posts
Stlll thinking about installing one of these on a 2016 SL. I know this has been discussed but wondering what problems were encountered with the install and how it has worked over a few years.
While my truck is a 1st Gen, I have installed a rear Hellwig Anti Sway bar and also have driven it without sway bars.

Without sway bars it felt to be a more comfortable ride because the vibrations from bumps or rough roads aren't transferred from one side to the other acoss the sway bars. Of course there was noticeably more lean on curves and when cornering.

Since I'm 2wd, and therefore don't offroad, I chose to reinstall both front and rear bars with all poly bushings opting for the better handling.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,604 Posts
The only installation problem I had was that I couldn't wait to install it when it was delivered.
It was a night that I had worked very late and was dead tired but got a false boost of excitment energy when I saw the Hellwig package had arrived.

Needless to say, I fell asleep on the garage floor underneath the truck for I think a couple of hours.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Check out my signature thread. I have the rear hellwig bar on my 2016. I recently joined the club of those who removed the front and I'll never put that back on. Front rides so much better without it. The rear with the bar does transfer a small bit of bump. The hellwig on the back helps sway decently but if I did it over again I may have tried sumosprings or air bags first as they cost half as much. Install was a bit of a pain, you have to drill holes. I feel the kit was not made specifically for the frontier too because it uses a dumb spacer on one side. Overpriced a bit. The adjustability is great though. I just lifted the rear 2" and just extended the hellwig links to compensate.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Front or rear ? I upgraded the front bushings and my truck only has 1500 miles on her. But adding the rear Hellwig Sway Bar made the biggest difference. IMHO. Can be used with 2 or 4 WD too. Mine's lowered with a Flip Kit so it looks a little different. Hellwig's the only player in the game that I found for these. Good Luck On your Choice. Bob

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
379 Posts
Check out my signature thread. I have the rear hellwig bar on my 2016. I recently joined the club of those who removed the front and I'll never put that back on. Front rides so much better without it. The rear with the bar does transfer a small bit of bump. The hellwig on the back helps sway decently but if I did it over again I may have tried sumosprings or air bags first as they cost half as much. Install was a bit of a pain, you have to drill holes. I feel the kit was not made specifically for the frontier too because it uses a dumb spacer on one side. Overpriced a bit. The adjustability is great though. I just lifted the rear 2" and just extended the hellwig links to compensate.
It is made specifically for the Frontier if you got this one... 2019 Nissan Frontier 4wd & 2wd - Rear Sway Bar by Hellwig #7694 | SuspensionConnection.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts