Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't bought a Frontier yet...getting close. I joined this site to educate myself a little better so hopefully I pick the right truck.

In the past I've owned 3 different K5 Blazers, an '81 CJ7 with a 401, a '97 Tahoe, and a bunch of cars. I don't have a truck now and I miss the 4-wheel drive in the winter. I also need to haul some stuff.

I started out looking at Dakotas, Tacomas, Colorados, and Frontiers. The Dakota test drive was lame, so I marked it off the list. Used Tacomas are $$$ and I don't like the way they look. The Z71 Colorados look cool, but they just seem kind of wimpy. That's why I'm here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK, I posted here first, but I can't start a new thread in the general forum. Is there some kind of delay or something? I would assume my account is already activated if I can post here. Thanks.

This is what I get:

Goose, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

*FIXED* After a half hour or so, I was able to post.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Hi Goose,

I pretty much ended up with a Frontier after the same search process as you, rejecting Dakota, Tacoma and Colorado for the same reasons. Plus, I wanted a manual transmission in a 4x2 Crew and everything added up to Frontier. 4-1/2 years later I have no regrets. Every vehicle seems to have its weak spots, so look around here and see what a Frontier might bring to your driveway in comparison with others. Good luck with your decision!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I think you need to log out after you've made your first post in the Intro forum. Then log back in and you should be able to post to the rest of the forum. I know you can post now, but that was probably the reason.

I did a lot of educating myself about trucks, too. Dodge and GMC/Chevy were automatically struck off my list because they took my money without my permission (bailout) and I received nothing for it. Normally, people are put in jail for doing that. Ford didn't offer a mid-sized truck with a crew cab. Toyotas are way too expensive. That left me with Nissan, which thankfully offered everything I wanted and it also was within my price range.

·
Super Moderator
11,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you buy a Frontier you'll enjoy it.
Don't listen to the complainers here as they are only a tiny fraction of the satisfied owners. Some come here to b*tch and moan only, but never bring praise when it's due.

Clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts