Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Name is Doug, I own an X-Runner - I did own a supercharged previous gen frontier.

Stopping in to see whats going on and to chat with a few people.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
Welcome. Those red valve covers look good.

Clint

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome to the club!

supercharged 1st gen's are slow, but I'm sure you already know that. A guy at my office has a X super charged, pretty weak. Did you tweak it all or drop some $$ in to it for more speed?

Have you driven a 2nd gen Nissan?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the club!

supercharged 1st gen's are slow, but I'm sure you already know that. A guy at my office has a X super charged, pretty weak. Did you tweak it all or drop some $$ in to it for more speed?

Have you driven a 2nd gen Nissan?
The bone stock TRD supercharged trucks are quick - with supporting mods you really wake the setup up.

She does 60-100 in the upper 4.x second range, she isn't too weak...

Yes my old supercharged frontier was SLOW.

I have driven the new frontiers, they seem to be on par with tacomas in N/A performance.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The bone stock TRD supercharged trucks are quick - with supporting mods you really wake the setup up.

She does 60-100 in the upper 4.x second range, she isn't too weak...

Yes my old supercharged frontier was SLOW.

I have driven the new frontiers, they seem to be on par with tacomas in N/A performance.
Toyota has lots more after market for the Toy's as well. We're hoping Nissan continues its progress towards getting more. Everyday, it seems like we have another option or 2.

Agreed that the new stock taco's seem to be about the same as a frontier in power/speed. VQ40 - I love it, sure the Taco guys with there 4.0's love it too. Its not too hard to embarrass a full size stock truck with these.

I almost bought a Taco, had a taco before, but at the last minute, decided to give Nissan a shot and spent 3 day thinking about it before I signed on my truck, the payment swayed me to Nissan. Either way, they are each great trucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts