Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 Pro4x Auto with minimal modifications so far and planning to build on a budget. I have most of the exterior covered with bed liner, Rough Country tube steps (also coated with bed liner since powder coat and rocks don't play well and had already started rusting), starting to bed line the skid plates, sway bar removal, and have a variation of the air box mod. My plan is to convert it into a high speed off road machine over time (T-Swap, VK56 swap (tc/sc/ttc/twin-charged?), prerunner front bumper, tire size TBD (thinking 33's at the moment but may go bigger)). I plan on leaving it 4x4 for those oh **** this sand is too soft moments or for when snow dumps in the mountains. It is my daily driver for now, so not looking to go too crazy until I have a back up car for when something goes wrong.

After my first routine maintenance, I decided I will never take it to a shop again unless it's for tire (dis)mounting and alignment or something beyond my capabilities that needs fixed ASAP. The tech thought it was a good idea to take the entire front bumper and skid plate off to get to the oil filter and didn't put pieces back together correctly and left off some of the screws (was wondering why my oil change took over an hour). I'm very mechanically inclined and work at a desk all day, so getting to wrench on my own truck is a nice break from the monotony.

My gf and I like to go camping and bought a truck bed tent for it. I'm 5'10" and the tent sets up with the tailgate down so no issues for the two of us to sleep in. Came from a Subaru Impreza, so it's nice having something to get over the rocks and find the remote camping spots. I'm still waiting to play with all of the off road goodies. Being in flatland Nebraska currently doesn't help but have plans to get out and see parts of the US a lot of people can't get to.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope to have pictures up soon but usually get sidetracked at home, so I'll probably forget. Let me know if you have any questions or recommendations!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome, and yes, we've gotta see this new truck covered in bed liner. Enjoy the forum & your new truck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts