Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brought home a new-to-me a silver 09 Frontier Pro-4x today. Bought it from a dealer, but it turns out to be a friends truck (I didn't know he was trading in), which makes me the second owner. I know the history. The truck is completely stock, which is good. Good price, and the dealership did lots of work to clean it up (new tires, shocks, front brakes, wheel bearings and seat belt receiver). Looking forward to lots of years from this thing. Excited!

Great community here. I've learned lots already. Thanks to everyone that contributes.

Is there a guide/post for must do's like Axle vent, tranny cooler/rad bypass, etc?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Congrats Spencer

Pretty crazy to get a truck that was a friends who traded it in, and you didn't know it was theirs at first.

You've been researching already about the axle vent mod and radiator by-pass. There's a "DIY - Do it yourself Tech tips" thread it will have all the info you need if you don't see it use the google search bar on the right, or ask about it again in a general discussion thread.
DIY - Do It Yourself / Tech Tips - Nissan Frontier Forum

If it's a 7yr old radiator you could just replace it and fix the problem so you don't have the mess with mounting and making more connections/hoses on your cooling system.

And lastly If you don't mind please show us where you live by following the simple instructions for this map

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/where-you-club-frontier-members-232009/

PS: To ALL members that just throw Welcome posts without even reading the new members post that has questions in it is very disingenuous.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Oh, the radiator by-pass is actually on a sticky on the General discussion thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone.

Blue Devil, Thanks for the information. Added my location to the map. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pictures!

Out with the old (Pathfinder), in with the new.

Getting her dirty for the first time.

More work.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Welcome to the CF, NICE truck and thanks for the pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts