Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Dow and I traded in my JK for a 2012 SL a couple weeks ago. I have plans to lift it (still considering my options from the suspension sticky) and get different wheels/tires. I've done some hardcore lurking in the shadows of this forum for about a month now - I figured it was time to make an appearance.

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
Enjoy your rig!

·
Admin
3,360 Posts
Welcome to the CF forums!

·
Vendor
2,674 Posts
Hi Dow, welcome to the forum and to the Frontier world! Lots of know legible and friendly folks here as well as informative and insightful discussion threads. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help!

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Hello and welcome, did you find the JK powerful enough?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've actually had two JKs. My first one was a 2-door, 2012 (first year with the more powerful engine), Rubicon (with better gearing) - so it wasn't bad. The one I just traded was a 2010 4-door Sport with a lot of heavy armor and accessories. It was definitely lacking in power, so I've really been enjoying my new Frontier in that regard.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I have a I4 TJ Sport, I dropped in a 350 with a 400 Turbo Glide Tranny and transfer case in it and it had lots of power...lol

but just wondering about the JKs
i contemplated buy one before I got my new Frontier but the engine was just tio small

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're interested in a JK, you should definitely try one of the newer ones with the Pentastar engine. I know a couple different people that had a 2012 that had various issues with it, but Jeep made a lot of improvements in the years since then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts