Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I've never joined or posted anything on an online forum before, so please accept my apologies if I'm really clumsy at this.

I found this forum by luck a few weeks ago while searching Google Images for pics of pop-up truck campers. Sorry if this is too long of a story for a new member post, but after many happy (sometimes soggy) years of tent camping out of a Jeep Wrangler, my girlfriend had finally convinced me to make the switch to sleeping inside a camper. Not wanting to give up the off-road access afforded by my old Jeep, I settled on getting a stripped down All-Terrain Camper pop-up shell and began looking for a 4x4 truck to put it on. After doing some research and test driving several trucks, I decided to go for a Frontier (over a Tacoma), and now was just trying to figure out what truck colors looked good to me with a white pop-up camper on the back. I found a pic I liked on Google Images of a dark gray Nismo carrying a camper similar to what I'm getting, which a member (who I'd like to thank) had posted on this forum some years ago, and when I clicked through the Google image I ended up here. Curious, I started poking around and soon realized I'd stumbled across a treasure chest of knowledgeable, good-natured folks freely sharing tons of helpful info. What a score!

Now that I've pulled the trigger on buying my truck (2013 Frontier PRO-4X king cab), I figured it made sense to pop my forum-joining cherry on here since I am a total Frontier green-horn newbie and can undoubtedly learn a lot from you folks.

If I can get the hang of inserting an attachment, here's a picture of my new (pre-owned) truck looking all shiny at the dealership where I made the trade and said goodbye to my trusty old Jeep. I have a lot of great memories and am gonna miss that Jeep, but I'm excited about my new truck. Probably the last time I'll ever see it so clean!

08.jpg

Cheers, and thanks for all the helpful info I've already started gleaning from searching the forum.

P.S. - While I'm waiting for my camper to be ready to pick up a few months from now, I'm hoping the member who posted the old pic I found on Google Images won't mind me showing his very similar looking camper in my signature (which should appear below if I've set it up right?).

Reactions: jwp1964

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Excellent first post (intro) .... welcome to Club Frontier. Looking forward to seeing pics of the pop-up on your truck

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
Welcome to the club! x2 on a great first post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts