Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Frontier owners! New member here.
I am currently shopping for a 4 wheel drive King Cab Frontier. I really must have a manual transmission as I've been driving them since I was big enough to reach the pedals on tractors growing up. Both of my current vehicles are stick shift as well. Then there's the motorcycles....

I have located a 2005 SE 4 x 4 with just 32000 miles. 2nd owner. What would a realistic price be for this truck from a private owner? Blue book says around $11000. They are asking $13k.

I have done some research and I'm glad that I must have a manual tranny considering all the issues with coolant mixing with ATF. Other than that the main issue I see is with the timing chain, guides and tensioners etc. Is there a possible recall that I could use to fix this possible issue?

Any issues out of the ordinary that I should be aware of and look for?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Usually not best idea to buy 1st year of new model.

Auto on a 4x4
Manual on a sports car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like they dont drive alot

I would just be careful as long periods of sitting can be hard on a vehicle. I would check for seal leaks and also the tires for dry rot and such. If you have a mechanic you trust I would see if they will look at it and give an opinion. The other issue could be the exhaust system from rust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts