Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just aquired a 2004 frontier XE v6. Debating what I'm going to do to it still I've always wanted to build apmg traveled truck but it seems I never have a bolt on platform to build. Anyway I have a few questions about this truck.
First is the front doors on an XE the same as other model 1st gens? The doors has been ****ed on this truck just wondering if I can source one from a different truck
Second does anyone know the specific differences in the V6 and 4cyl suspension set ups. I'm talking to someone that produces a kit but only for the 4cyl platform so I'm kind of wondering what the specific differences are so I can figure out 1 of 3 options either make a 4cyl kit work on my truck build a whole front end from scratch or ditch factor IFS and go cheap and easy with for I BEAM for uber amounts f travel lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
Welcome! Also from Vegas. Big group of us around here.
I think most 1st gen body parts are interchangeable but hit up the 1st gen hangout for all things 1st gen.
Secondly, there's no "easy" or "cheap" long travel set up for the 1st gen. Used to be a company making LT kits but they quit making them for the Nissan. Ask Metalalien, he's had several different options on his truck and has since sent it to the fab shop for a MAJOR suspension overhaul.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'm just wondering if the front passenger door on the 4door is the same size as 2 door models
And my cousins is a good fabricator and if I wanted took that route I would but he's a Dick lol I know total chaos had a long travel kit but that was for the 4cylinder models from what I have gather 4 cylinder and v6 suspension system are very different so I'm just wondering how different if I could just adapt a 4 cylinder kit to my v6 just wondering if anyone really knows exactly what's different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts