Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Frontier SV, KC V6, CAI, Hypertech, Car back Exhaust, Drilled/Slotted rotors, 2"/3" lift/level
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself. I got a 2012 Nissan Frontier SV in March and I'm loving it. So far the only mods I've done are LED headlights, and a k&n drop in air filter, but I just bought a new muffler(thrush welded) not installed yet, and plan on many more

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Welcome to Frontier Nirvana!
If you find oncoming traffic flashing you - then your LED bulbs might be at the center of it due to light scatter. Halogen reflectors w/ LED bulbs don't go well together, fwiw. Retrofitting projectors is a safer bet for better nighttime illumination...but this can be a bit pricey. Lots of threads around here for you to peruse.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome to Club Frontier

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome! Just a heads up, the MAF sensors are a bit sensitive on these trucks. The oil from the K&N filters has given some people issues.

·
Registered
'12 Frontier SV, KC V6, CAI, Hypertech, Car back Exhaust, Drilled/Slotted rotors, 2"/3" lift/level
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Just a heads up, the MAF sensors are a bit sensitive on these trucks. The oil from the K&N filters has given some people issues.
Thanks, good to know. Is there an after market one I could change if it goes on me, or should I just switch to a dry filter like an aem?

·
Vendor
2,587 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck with all your plans and keep us posted!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, good to know. Is there an after market one I could change if it goes on me, or should I just switch to a dry filter like an aem?
You may be ok, but if you throw a code and it is a MAF related one, chances are that is what happened. You don't need to change it out, you can clean the K & N and use the oil sparingly. I run AEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts