Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a 16 year old kid that recently bought a 1998 4cyl 2wd Frontier XE as my first truck. It's had a few problems already but nothing we couldn't fix. So I hope that it lasts a long time so I can stay on this site and have it actually pertain to me!

-Collin

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
Welcome to the group. What have you done to your truck so far? Post up some pictures!
Hope you have a nice long and safe driving career.
(Sorry I couldn't help myself as my kids are about your age.)

Clint

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
I was wondering the same thing until I googled it.
He's from Florida. Google knows ALL.

Clint

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

So far I've just tinted the windows, cut out some spots on my bedliner to fit a toolbox I bought (I would have had to spend a lot more for a box that fit with no mod needed, I got a slim top and still had to block it up 2.5" haha), a visor mirror for passenger, a sweet cupholder thing, a mesh net on the back wall, my wakeskate sponsor stickers, and various other small things that aren't at all significant compared to what you all do to your trucks.

Gonna put some mudflaps on soon and see how they look and put some wood blocks in the springs to see how it looks lifted 3" with the stock tires (I plan on getting bigger tires when I can afford them, probably at the end of summer or so). Has anyone else put some 1x4s in their coil and leaf springs and actually driven more than a mile or two with it?

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
We were all your age at one point and started with the small items to make our rides unique. Heck when there wasn't any extra money a nice detail had to do. I've never heard of using wood to block up the suspension.
Please remember (I know I'm sounding like the father I am) it's more important to be safe, than to look cool.
I lost my best friend 28 years ago in a wreck and miss him every day.

Clint

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Welcome to the forum Collin, 941 used to be my area code, then they(the area code gods) changed it to 863..and then i moved to Kansas...lol. Good Luck with the truck, if you have any questions about it, there are plenty of people on this forum that will be willing to answer them.

~Mike.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Has anyone else put some 1x4s in their coil and leaf springs and actually driven more than a mile or two with it?
please dont do that. just save up your money and get the proper lift. when i was 16 i drove an astro van, so i havnt a clue what actually looks cool, lol

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Has anyone else put some 1x4s in their coil and leaf springs and actually driven more than a mile or two with it?

Welcome to CF Collin. As I recall you have torsion bars up front not coils. You could put blocks in the rear to lift it, and crank the torsion bars up. I don't think your stock t-bars can go 3 inches though. You can find real blocks pretty cheap, and there is a how to on a t-bar crank in the first gen section. You can probably go 1.5 to 2 inches for under $50. The ride may start to suffer and you will really need an alignment after that t-bar crank. Good luck man and post some pictures for us.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
welcome to the club man! Post up some pic's of your truck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.