Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I will be picking up my new (to me) 2015 Pro4X in the morning. I am pretty pumped. I wasn't even looking for one of these... I had actually been looking for a Honda Ridgeline for sometime, but couldn't find the right one. I owned two Nissans previously and never had an issue. When I test drove this thing this morning... I fell instantly in love.

I look forward to doing a few mods and making friends on here. I am a previous Honda loyalist, however this truck had me sold at first sight. I can't wait to read and learn about all of the Frontier awesomeness.

C

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does the 'cc' mean? I am learning. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's Super Black with custom wheels and tires. I'll post pictures as soon as I get it home tomorrow. I'm so pumped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooh. I'm dumb. Lol

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome...
I just saw one of your other posts on this forum stating that you have never been off-roading.
You may already now this...and feel free to call me captain obvious if you do already know this...LOL
But I thought I better mention it just in case that the Nissan Frontier you purchased is obviously the off road version and I am sure you well know that from the stickers/decals on the side of your truck.

The PRO-4X is a very off-road capable vehicle in stock form and has some extra features that the non-pro-4x version does not have.

Extra features:
Suspension- Bilstein coil-overs/shocks in the front and Bilstein shocks in the rear
Off-roading skid plates underneath , radiator , engine , transfer case and fuel tank.
Hill decent button ..On non off road versions as well ? I don't re-call for sure.
Electronic locking rear diff , if you are stuck ..instead of just one wheel spinning in the back it locks up both wheels to turn/spin
More aggressive tires...but it looks like you already have after market wheels and tires.

Anyway my apologies in advance if you are well aware of all this.

A little back ground on me , I purchased a regular non-off road version Frontier and then got on this forum and was reading about all the mods and fun people where having going off-roading and traded in the non-offroad frontier I had for a PRO-4X offroad version and have been having a lot of fun / goods time ever since.

Not sure how many opportunity/places there are for you to off-road around St Louis but if you are willing to travel there is a yearly event that a lot of forum members go to called GONE Moab where 100's of Nissan trucks and SUV's meet to go off-roading in Moab Utah.

Also I may be assuming to much here but I am guessing you are a female? DrumminChick ?
There is a female forum member here named Jen (her clubfrontier handle/name is JeniorNV) that has a heavily modified Frontier that is a very avid off-roader.

Well I may have just opened up a can of off-roading worms here for you , and it can get expensive $.$$ once you start modifying your truck to be more off-road capable. But like I said your truck is already very capable for off-roading as it is.

Reactions: Drumminchick

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANK YOU!!!! I did not know all of this. Very tempting. There are places to go.. Don't forget we have bluffs and hills all around here because of the Ozarks, etc. :) now you have my mind turning..

·
Premium Member
12,042 Posts
welcome!

a buddy and myself are potentially hitting flat river this weekend, ill be in my scrap but my buddy has a king cab frontier.
we also do moonlight every month almost at least.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
welcome!

a buddy and myself are potentially hitting flat river this weekend, ill be in my scrap but my buddy has a king cab frontier.
we also do moonlight every month almost at least.
Where is Flat River?? I really want to do a little off roading but nothing too crazy. This thing is fun as hell to drive normally so I can only imagine what it's like off road.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not too far from me!! Maybe I can join some time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts