·
Premium Member
241 Posts
welcome. Dogs ride in the back seat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Built a standard plywood dogbox for the back. It justs sits on the sides and turnbuckled in. I has 6 boxes that can hold 2 dogs each. The sleds are tied on top. Thanks for your interest.

I do like my camper. It is small but very suitable for my wife and I. I do have 1 problem. I have not found out how I can access my spare tire when the camper is on. I have tried searching for a forum addressing this issue. No luck yet.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I'm Guessing the camper hangs down to the bumper and does not allow you access to crank down the spare. Do you have a roof rack? Can you mount the spare there with the camper installed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No significant weight is allowed on the camper roof. This weekend I intend to drop the spare so that I can check to see if I can rotate things to insert the rod via the wheel well. Please wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Like Critterman said, do you have a roof rack on the top of your truck cab? Like the one you see in my avatar...or gallery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bed(to sleep in) is over the cab and therefore no room for a spare there. There is only about 2 1/2 inches clearance between the cab roof and the overhang of the slide-in camper. I am still hoping that the engineers had the forethought to allow the spare tire "holder" to be rotated and then accessed via the wheel well.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Ahh, I see. Hmm, well you could always mount it to your hood or front grill maybe?

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Hood would probably block your vision. If nothing can go on the roof of the camper how about the leading edge of it? Could you mount it to the front of the camper with the weight on the roof rack, I don't think you would want the weight on the roof either.

Maybe a small light utility trailer like you can get at Harbor Freight for under 2 bills.

·
Registered
843 Posts
could you mount a spare tire carrier to a hitch.

also, could you post some info,and specs for your camper along with some pictures of your camper and truck set-up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts