Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, just purchased a 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x crew cab in black.

Actually have a couple questions that I am hoping someone can answer. I am awaiting the Nissan tonneau cover as an accessory. Does anyone have one? Is it soft or hard, tri-fold or rolling. There is very little info on it on the Nissan Canada website.

Also, when I look on internet images of the vehicle, some pictures show a large PRO 4X along the bottom of the cab doors. Is this just something in the US, as mine only has the Pro 4x at the top of the rear bed?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome.
The Pro-4X logo on the rocker panel is an option as well as the sticker on the hood with the tire tracks.

I am not aware of a OEM Nissan Frontier Tonneau , I did some research and Nissan may have had a OEM Tonneau cover up untill around 2009?

My guess is your Nissan Dealership just ordered a low to medium priced 3rd party Tonneau cover?

Post a pic of your truck?
We love looking at pics of trucks !!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

Nice to see someone from London on the forum. I'm originally from Port Stanley, though I haven't lived there in a few years.

My 2014 Pro-4x came with a OEM Nissan tonneau cover. I bought the truck used but the previous owner told me it was an option from the dealer. It has "Nissan" embossed on one corner on the back of the cover (near the tailgate). It's a tri-fold soft cover. It does a good job and has held up well for a few winters now. If it hadn't come with the truck, I probably would have bought a roll-up cover, but that's just personal preference.

If you click here and cycle through the search process you will see they have the tri-fold and the snap-style for the Frontier. I can't speak to the snap-style, but like I mentioned, my tri-fold is Nissan-branded. Maybe it's a Canada-specific thing?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I stand corrected , thank you wyatt2 for the detailed explanation.

Hi,

Nice to see someone from London on the forum. I'm originally from Port Stanley, though I haven't lived there in a few years.

My 2014 Pro-4x came with a OEM Nissan tonneau cover. I bought the truck used but the previous owner told me it was an option from the dealer. It has "Nissan" embossed on one corner on the back of the cover (near the tailgate). It's a tri-fold soft cover. It does a good job and has held up well for a few winters now. If it hadn't come with the truck, I probably would have bought a roll-up cover, but that's just personal preference.

If you click here and cycle through the search process you will see they have the tri-fold and the snap-style for the Frontier. I can't speak to the snap-style, but like I mentioned, my tri-fold is Nissan-branded. Maybe it's a Canada-specific thing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MNCarl, I really appreciate the info! I quite liked the PRO-4X logo on the rocker panel based upon the images I've viewed online. Unfortunately, it wasn't listed as an option on the Nissan Canada website. If it were, I may have added it, depending on the price of course. Thought it looked even more "sporty" with that logo. I don't have a pic of my vehicle to post quite yet, as my dealer is currently doing a locate for the exact vehicle I purchased (as they didn't have one in inventory). I've been told it should be in the beginning of next week. I can't wait! Thanks again!

wyatt2, thank you for the info! I'm very familiar with Port Stanley...including Mackie's perch & fries, as well as GT's on the Beach! Hope all is well for you out in Leduc! I suspect that the tonneau cover that you have described is the one that I will be getting as well. Also, I appreciated the "click here" link, as I enjoyed viewing the various accessories for sale.

Must say I already like this forum, as already getting answers to my questions.

If anyone else can shed any light on my initial questions, please feel free to respond.

Thanks!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I did a little poking around on your Pro-4X stickers question....
Apparently it included the hood and rocker panel graphics together and was / or is called "Pro-4X graphics package"
But like you stated I cannot find it on any info on Nissan websites as an option.
Maybe nissan only offered it in and around the year 2013 ? But I have no Idea.

I would check with your Nissan dealer.

Here is a thread from 2013 about the hood and rocker panel pro-4x graphics.... see page 2 on the thread lots of pics:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/hood-graphic-113913/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts