Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm David, 50 years old, an aviation mechanic, and I just bought a 2010 4X4 Pro4X (Super Black w/ red interior). I test drove a 2010 Ranger first, but everyone said to try the Frontier and I was hooked! I traded in my 2006Mustang because I was tired of missing work due to the poor weather. So far I REALLY like it and impressed with the ride and the fact it was built in one of the best factories in the country. My one question concerns the CAI that I've been reading about in the forum: If I add an Ingen air intake, will it affect the tune or roughness of the engine? The mustangs are really touchy when you added an aftermarket CAI and needed to be retuned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hey David,

Sick truck, post up pics. I love the new PRO 4X's.
Welcome to the club. Why do you like Ingen? My truck has a Volant CAI in it, I like it because it pulls air from 2 different places and has a 100k filter in it. When my truck is idling, can't tell, its super smooth. It starts to roar pretty good at 2,5k rpm's +. It doesn't affect the tune, just reset it and its just fine, no throwing codes lol.
Honestly, the its my favorite thing I've done so far to it, not that I've done a lot. On the highway, its smooth as well, once installed, felt like the e brake was on slightly before, and now it feels like its off. weird lol.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Welcome to the club!
You'll be fine with adding a CAI, no need to re-tune.

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
Welcome to the Nissan family and our forum. Enjoy your truck. Pro 4x is great looking but wish it was available in a long bed version.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
A CAI will not cause any issues.
I have to second the Volant intake.
I love mine and as was stated it has a ram air feature that draws air from the front grille area as well as the normal wheel well (stock) intake area.

Welcome aboard CF David from a neighbor to your north.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts