Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Pro-4X CC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I picked up a white 2016 Pro-4X CC with the 6-speed and 60k miles a couple weeks ago. I previously had a 2002 Xterra XE V6 4x4 that I loved, but was looking for a more modern ride/some basic amenities. Couldn't be happier with the Frontier so far - the 6th gear is great on the highway and the power gain over the X is wonderful.

Plans are to keep it mostly stock with the Pro-4X trim, but add a bed rack (no oem roof rack installed) utilizing the utilitrack. I've been pouring over the forum looking for ideas and inspiration. I have some mounts I was able to pick up for cheap that fit a Tacoma's track system, however when I tried to flip the utilitrack to raise the channel, I wasn't able to get the track under the lip of the bed rail. Any suggestions to fix this, or a new system are welcome!

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
508 Posts
Welcome. The unistrut nuts (can be found at Home Depot) fit great in the utilitrack slots. Perhaps these, plus some longer bolts or spacers would get you what you need?

Do you have a pic of the mounts you were trying to install?

·
Registered
2016 Pro-4X CC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. The unistrut nuts (can be found at Home Depot) fit great in the utilitrack slots. Perhaps these, plus some longer bolts or spacers would get you what you need?

Do you have a pic of the mounts you were trying to install?
Thanks JTD.
I was able to find the unistrut nuts for another project, those are keeping some form mounts in place in the bed.

Here's a picture of the bracket I'm attempting to mount.

As you can see it's not long enough, however if I were to flip the track it would work. Most likely I'll just need to find a longer bracket on McMaster-Carr or another site, but I was hoping to work with what I have.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
508 Posts
Ah, I gotcha. If you can't find something else that will work, I could make some longer brackets for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts