Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone!

I got the itch over the weekend for a new vehicle and was wanting a truck...knew I wanted an extended cab Frontier or a Tacoma and Saturday night after I got home from boarding at Crested Butte, I started looking. Found a few trucks down the street from me at a couple dealers so decided to go over on a Sunday and check them out. Was thinking I'd pick something up around August...well...found a King Pro-4X I really liked so I drove it Monday morning and August came sooner than I expected...bought the truck Monday night after work.

Its a 2012 King Pro-4X with 22k on it.

It was the right truck at the right time...was down the street from my place, exact body I wanted, had the features I wanted, was the style I wanted, and it was even the right color (wanted white or red).

Each time I've driven it this week I've liked it more and more...put in a new KN filter along with a 13" AntennaX antenna the other day, new dash tweeters/front door speakers/rear door speakers got here today...and it goes in for the front windows to be tinted tomorrow morning. The speakers are going to wait until Sunday or possibly next weekend since I had lasik surgery done about 8 hours ago so my eyes kinda burn at the moment haha.

Looking forward to everything I learn on the site - this is far from my first forum so hopefully I can keep those noob posts to a minimum as i use that crazy feature called "search"!

Here are a couple quick pics I snapped of the truck the day I brought her home and after a quick wash...hadnt put the new antenna on yet, though. I'll be sure to get a few better pics up after I get the tint done tomorrow!

Day I brought her home:

After a quick wash (parking garage is at work):

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sweet truck! I know what you mean, I enjoy mine more and more every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Welcome from Arvada,CO! Nice looking truck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, everyone!

Was kind of crappy weather today so didn't get any new pics taken but did accomplish:

- Tinted front windows (match the rears)
- New Kicker 6.5" front door speakers
- New Kicker 6.75" rear door speakers
- Interior vac and wipe down (it wasn't done as well as I like it from the dealer)

Next up for tomorrow: Going to run to Home Depot and pick up a piece of Plexi so i can make some mounts for the new 1" tweeters (credit to kevin01 for the plexi idea)...that'll finish the speaker portion until i get an underseat woofer (most likely a kicker hideaway). I had a nice 10" in my last vehicle but it will take up too much room in the truck so going to sell that in favor of the hideaway.

I'm thinkin after those are done i'll just pick up a truxedo truxport...

Welcome from Arvada,CO! Nice looking truck!
Thanks, man! Sick build...i'll keep an eye out for sure!

Welcome from Kremmling!
Thanks, man!
I was actually just in Kremmling the other day! I was out for a longer motorcycle ride and decided to hit more north...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured i'd throw one more post into my "new" thread...

Got the dash tweeters done this afternoon. I used a pair of Rockford Fosgate R1T-S 1" tweeters. The stock dash speakers, as many of us know, are garbage (I've never heard the rockford system, though...so, just the standard dash speakers are what i'm referring to).

Ended up running to home depot and getting a small piece of plexi...used a dremel...and fabbed up the new mounts. I took the old dash speakers out, traced them on plexi, did a rough cut on them, and used the file attachment to get them matched up. I also took some sealant and put that around the edges of the tweeters to "lock" them into place n let those dry for about an hour.

I ended up cutting off the stock connector and spliced that onto the new tweeters so i didnt have to splice the wires and could easily remove them if needed...connected them, threw the screws in, and put the stock grills back on...sounds 10x better paired up with the new kicker front and rear speakers I put in yesterday.

Looking forward to being part of the site!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts