Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My fiancée and I just picked up a 2006 Froniter LE 4x4 after looking at trucks for 8 months we land on this frontier.

We live in Calgary, but travel to the mountains a few times a week for biking, skiing or camping. So a small truck made sense for our lifestyle.

We ruled out the Canyon/Colorado. I like the Taco's but every one here has $5000 premium compared to the Froniter. After having a Froniter as a rental in San Diego we knew it was the truck we wanted, preferably a nismo.

We considered maybe 7 in total over the last 8 months.(Had to be least 30+ others on the buy/sell page). Of the 7 we looked at least 4 had the radiator replaced. One had the transmission rebuilt. Most were no goes for us. There was a 06 Nismo we almost purchased. The radiator failed 5 years but was replaced truck seemed fine and the truck seemed well maintained.

Then we found this one owner 2006 Froniter LE 4x4 Leather with a color match canopy. 22500km (140000mi). No signs or history of raditor problems. Determined it needs a wheel bearing and inner tie rod. I plan to sneak in 2.5/1.5" lift during the replacement. I already did the bypass on the transcooler, but the transmission is get really hot in the mountains, so I'm just going to fully replace the radiator at preventive measure.

Any who that's enough..cheers

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome, I have found amazon.ca a pretty good resource for parts as there are not a ton of options here in Canada. They carry stuff like OE brake pads and some other stuff but you have to search by part number usually to find them. I did have the bypass in for about a year with no issues.

I put in this radiator as a replacement (and its even 50$ cheaper now):

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000JZSNRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At around 250,000 KMs mine started to have a lot of regular wear and tear items need to be replaced but its been a great truck so far for me. Hope you enjoy the site there are lots of great write ups on mods and tons of knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that's the radiator I was looking at actually. I was was going to make a another post about any know failures of aftermarket radiator's.

Ps: I actually grew up just outside Halifax in BeaverBank

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ya that's the radiator I was looking at actually. I was was going to make a another post about any know failures of aftermarket radiator's.

Ps: I actually grew up just outside Halifax in BeaverBank
Nice I actually live in nearby in Upper Sackville, but grew up in Cape Breton. Even this far out we are technically in the "HRM" and I figure very few people would recognize Halifax let alone Upper Sackville hah. I have seen a few posts on that radiator being used but have not come across anyone having issues with any of the aftermarket ones (thought I have not actively searched in a while).

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts