Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Hello Everyone

669 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dbuell 
#1 ·
Well, hey! I actually registered mostly for the pictures as I have a really bad habit of only visiting forums/any other website whenever I need help. I likely will forget my username and password later on, but in case I ever decide to post a question or a tutorial... I'll let you know what's up. And no I didn't even know I was restricted from any other part before posting here until I read the ClubFrontier.org Rules and Guidelines.

In any case. I bought my frontier two weeks ago. I have never had a payment on a vehicle, but I figured I would get it purchased before the tax increase in Arizona because my old truck(98 sonoma) was displaying erratic behavior(locking me in but not locking from the outside) and the a/c stopped working. I just bought the 2010 CC SE V6 4x4.

So far it is great, but there are a few things I'm not thrilled about.
<rant>
  1. The roof rack. Of course I have never had a roofrack on a truck (other than on a utility box truck) so I didn't think twice about it not being there. Now that I have seen the frontiers with roof racks, I want one. I want the OEM one. So I will be looking at the junk yards shortly, but I am not to excited that I will have to put the holes in my truck myself. I would much rather nissan did this.
  2. The sun roof. Pretty much the same as the roof rack. I kinda want one now.
  3. GPS dock. I have had several radios stolen out of the sonoma and I like the idea of this little thing for a monitor for a car pc. Are these still available?
  4. Utilitrack accessories. Is this really that proprietary? Why are there so few accessories available for the utilitrack system in the frontier. I would really like those racks they have for the titan along with a roof rack... yknow for carrying 14' trim pieces or canoes. Ok not really canoes. Oh and I hear that the tonneau cover from nissan was horrible, but would it be that difficult for say... truxedo to use the system?
  5. 12V outlet mask. So while I was test driving the vehicle I wasn't sure what this was so I pulled it off. It went under my feet so I didn't pick it up right away. Then I forgot about that. I bought the truck and then they cleaned it out/washed it again for me(I didn't dirty it up... really) they must have not known what it was and threw it out. I didn't notice(being on the drivers side) for quite some time, but then it annoyed me. So the dealership pulled one off a new truck and gave it to me because its not a part that you can buy separate from a larger piece. It's the wrong color, but I didn't want to say anything... minor annoyance.
  6. CD Player. Again. I did not realize this at purchase, but what cd player can't read mp3/wma's these days? This is why I wouldn't mind building a car pc for it. Plus that just sounds fun.
  7. homeLink. ok... now I'm being picky.
  8. Break in procedures. I've always bought used so I had no clue and I'm not about to read a manual any time soon so why didn't someone tell me? Oh well. I treated it decent... except for that one tank of gas... Oh yes... it is ABSOLUTELY someone elses fault! :) Whatever, I've heard people talk religiously about breaking in their guns too... and in my opinion that is hogwash! You break in guns by shooting them... not by cleaning the rifling off of them. If that doesn't start a controversy I don't know what will.
</rant>

Seriously I love the truck, but I can't wait till I have some time to modify it. I'm hoping however, that when I modify it I can do it in such a way that I don't have to cut/put holes in things or at least I could get replacement parts at junk yards if I ever want to make it like it came from the factory.

I realize that some of my rant points are discussed in the forums(like the roof rack), but it's a rant, it doesn't have to even be coherent does it?

On that note. I hope you all are having a wonderful day and are enjoying your Frontiers immensely today. And if you actually read through that wall of text. Well. good on ya. You deserve a Klondike bar.

See less See more
#2 ·
After I got through that entire thing I realized I didn't tell you anything about myself really.

I live in Mesa, but if your reading comprehension is good you would have already known I was from Arizona. I enjoy shooting and would love to get into dirtbiking again, but most likely this truck will haul people, go to the desert alot(shooting, hiking, dirtbiking), and haul construction equipment/materials from home depot. It will also take me to work each day.

#4 ·
welcome !! all little things, all things that can be changed!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.