Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a brand new 2017 crew cab Pro-4X, 6-speed manual transmission. I drove it off the dealership at 22 miles last month. So far, I have no issues or concerns. I've been meaning to finally get on the club frontier forum, join the community, and here I'am.

Edit: I have uploaded some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the welcome! Pretty cool story to add, I was out one night and I happened to see some fellow Frontier's parked; once I parked next to the Frontiers, the guy walked over and asked, "Hey, are you here for the Frontier meet?" and my response, "Oh, no, I just happened to stop and get a drink."

I had no clue and the guy was pretty cool to have a conversation with. Also, complimented me of my truck, as I myself complimented his truck. Apparently, the guy was just stopping by to pick up an auxiliary wire from his buddy. Pretty awesome to meet someone, so chill b/c you don't get that nowadays.

·
Admin
3,285 Posts
Cool story and great lookin rig! Welcome to the club.

Reactions: studio4j

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Silver = 'Brilliant' Choice
Congrats on your new whip!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Welcome! And manuals rock!
Welcome to the club an concur with that assessment stick are the ticket having driven stick my entire life from my first being a Dodge tradesman window van with a 3sp on the column to my Peterbilt from work but that was mostly just knowing how to split h/l and having everything line up to get your gear.
The Fronty is my 2nd Automatic and since my back is screwed I am not able to push the pedal in anymore cause some idiot Tbonin me I'll never have 1 again but I'm happy with the Frontier I sure miss the enjoyment an feel of it though

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the club an concur with that assessment stick are the ticket having driven stick my entire life from my first being a Dodge tradesman window van with a 3sp on the column to my Peterbilt from work but that was mostly just knowing how to split h/l and having everything line up to get your gear.
The Fronty is my 2nd Automatic and since my back is screwed I am not able to push the pedal in anymore cause some idiot Tbonin me I'll never have 1 again but I'm happy with the Frontier I sure miss the enjoyment an feel of it though
Thank you for the kind words! My first time driving a truck was a Dodge Dakota 96, however it was automatic. After that, I drove a 99' Nissan Sentra 5spd. Ever since then, I have been driving manual since half of my life. The feeling of driving manual, gives me control, safe, and always aware of being alert. It's rare to find a truck with a manual transmission nowadays. I'm happy with my purchased & will keep this truck for years. Your story sounds tragic & my deepest sincere thoughts on your back and to the idiot that T-boned you will receive karma. Hey, maybe it will be a miracle to drive manual again! Appreciate the welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts