Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All! First time member here on the boards. I've had my frontier for a little over a year now and I know I made the right decision to purchase it ('05). Is definitely the most versatile truck I've ever owned!!

I just tried to post a new thread in the General Discussion area but was told I don't have privilege....??

Anyways, I'm trying to find a solution to my camping problem.... Tired of 'tenting' it! But I'm in a bit of a quagmire....

Usually when we go camping we take the boat (18' Nitro bass boat)

So... I want to be able to take the camper and the boat. So... that pretty much leaves me with a Cab Over Camper solution....

My '05 Nissan Frontier is 4x4 Crew Cab (4 door) and has a relatively short bed. Anybody know what length and weight cab over camper I would be able to 'safely' (or somewhat safely) put on my frontier and still be able to tow the boat?

As far as room, it's just me the lady and a 5yr old. So the size of a cab over would suit us well.... I'm just concerned with the weight and length I could tow.

Thanks, in advance for any suggestions!

rusty

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Rusty,

Welcome and enjoy the board.

I don't do much camping cause my wife's idea of camping out is at the Four Seasons where someone brings her drinks by the pool on in the spa.

Some guys on here have the pop up over the cab campers which I believe are pretty light. I think most of the guys with the campers have the long beds though.

I am sure some one who has one will chime in pretty soon for you.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi, welcome, and a bump to see if someone has an answer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts