Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm "new" to the site (but actually have been using it since August of 2018) to diagnose my basket case 2010 4WD King Cab Frontier. I found it at a road side car repair place and it looked sweet. It was exactly what I was looking for. Black with aftermarket wheels, 4WD, King cab, and 6.5' bed. The price said it all...... at $5800 on the windshield. Well, I talked him down to 5k after I drove it and crawled underneath it to discover how damaged it was. I did a car fax and found out that the original owner had it for roughly 6-7 years, then traded it in. The 2nd owner paid 16k for it and I'm pretty sure had it repo'ed after 2 years. Somehow it ended up in a salvage lot looking very sad with a right rear broken leaf spring and blown tire. The guy I was buying it from got it from auction and just used a U clamp to hold the broken leaf spring together and he had put new tires on it. Well, I had discovered that it needed new suspension all the way around (pretty sure last guy Duke's of Hazarded the truck). In addition, the TPMS light was on, the dome light was permanently on and the door ajar light was on. After I bought it, the rear diff developed a miserable whine that left me with a headache every time I got on the highway. The stereo was stock and terrible as well. Fast forward to today.... All suspension is fixed, new/used rear diff, fixed door ajar issue, fixed TPMS issue, installed touch screen radio, component 6X9 speakers in front doors, tweeters in dash, 6-3/4" speakers in rear doors, and a 10" subwoofer. I have buffed it with a wool pad, then buffed all swirls out with a torq buffer and chemical guys swirl remover, then ceramic coated it with McKeys 37 paint coating. I've got over 6k in parts into the truck, that has almost 160k on it, so I'm extremely upside down in it, but I love my truck now and will keep it until it is completely dead.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hell yes, Chris. Way to resurrect! Nice looking truck. Enjoy this place & your truck, man. :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a beautiful truck, and you're a helluva good dude for salvaging that sweet Frontier. Enjoy the ride (with that new suspension!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts