Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all my name is jay and I own a 06 frontier 4wd with just over 99k on it love the truck it’s never given me a problem until now been having issues shifting for the last probably two years and since it’s not my everyday commuter car I kept putting it off and the problems were intermittent now it’s constant first it was going about 30-40 mph through town it would shudder before shifting now it’s not shifting from first to second easy but it’s intermittent so from a stop it’s not reving above 3000 rpm and it’s like I’m towing something or the brakes are hanging up so my problem is the truck is paid off and I wanna keep it but looking at this forum I’ve had the dreaded cross contamination as I found strawberry shortcake in the radiator and trans stick so I’m looking for input from you all as I’m no car guy I’m mechanical inclined so I can do the bypass but I’m curious is it worth it my plan was to do the bypass and flush the coolant and transmission and replace all the fluid can you all give me your thoughts and experiences if you think it’s worth doing or ditching and also if I should add an aux trans cooler I live on Long Island in New York I basically use it Int the winter and do no towing or off roading thank you all in advance hope you all have a great day thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts