Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I'm joining as I've just put a deposit down on a 2004 nissan froniter supercharged double cab!

It has 220,000km and is was listed at $9000 CAD but I talked him down to $7000 CAD. cosmetically it is in beautiful condition, and after a 10 minute test drive it feels and drives great. That supercharge is something else...

I'm joining to learn about potential problems or what I could expect if I buy it. It would mostly be a weekend driver for adventures into the mountains for skiing, hiking, camping etc in british columbia.

It seems like these things dont get the best mpg, but as its only primarily a weekend mobile for me I'm not too worried. Does it take premium grade gas only?

It has been in a few accidents mostly due to animal collision that I have seen on the carfx report and has only had 1 owner. Here is a video I took of it today at the dealership.
https://vimeo.com/203651710/424bb267b8

Im hoping to get any feedback and insight into this potential purchase. What kind of repairs may I need to expect in the near future? What kind of work should I hope is already done?

I should mention that it comes with a 7 month warranty on the engine and transmission.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

max

·
Registered
18 Posts
That the one in New West? I had a look at it too. Good condition. I felt 9k was overpriced so I moved on. 7k is a good deal for it it is pretty mint. I also looked at the 06 that's at the same dealer... Had oil in the rad thi so I moved on. I ended up getting a 14' crew SV 4x4 for a smoking deal.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup thats the one! I didn't realize they had an 06 there, too. I didn't do a good look under the hood on this yet.. did you happen to have a peak? Congrats on your purchase! A newer vehicle would be nice... but I'm not in a position to shell out a bunch dough quite yet and not really looking to finance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't look under the hood on it. The 06 was a king cab with 268,000km on it. Oil in the rad is cross contamination with the trans. The shady dealer tried to say it was normal.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome to the party from another BC-ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts