Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with the bed sitting higher than the front end? Also I noticed that the whole driver side is higher than the passenger side by an inch or a tad over. Suspension is stock all around. I've been raising the front end up higher to level it off with the bed, but I've maxed out the passenger side torsion bar. I need to reindex the passenger side come spring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are your torsion barw stock? I mean 15 years old. If they are, wear can be different on each side. The bed was higher from the factory. I cant say how much. Must pick up are like that as they are meant to be used so the bed will drop with the cargo and level the truck.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Remember that when you adjust the torsion bars, you adjust by suspension measurements and not body point measurements (i.e. from the ground to the fender well lip). With body-on-frame vehicles, you can't automatically assume the body is level to the frame. Properly adjusting the ride height involves measuring from the ground up to two points on the control arm, subtracting one measurement from the other and comparing to the factory service manual specs for ride height. If you aren't familiar with the procedure, consult the FSM. NICO Club's site has free manuals available at their site.

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
Original(??) rear leaf springs are very likely needing replaced.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Need to check those rear leafs to make sure there are no broken ones in there causing passengers side to be lower than drivers side. Then after all is figured out an alignment is in order. It’s possible to get by without an alignment if you were doing both torsion bars slightly but that’s not the case here. You say one side left to right is off.. you could lower the opposite torsion also to help this, I know it doesn’t fix the rear being higher but at least the truck will look normal,

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys. First truck I've ever owned so I'm really green when it comes to leaf springs and torsion bars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts