Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing I am not crazy about is how low my stock 2019 4x4 sits...Could almost pass as a 2wd by looks...I walked by a Pro today and could immediately see it sat a bit higher...Did some research and came up with the higher tires...Is there anything else besides tires?...Suspension...shocks etc? IF not...any issues or complications by just putting the 75's on when the current ones wear?...Like to keep it stock...don't want to get involved in lifting it but if its just the little difference in improvement with the Pro size tire I would be happy with that
Thanks all!

·
Registered
570 Posts
No, no, and no. The only height-related difference between a PRO-4X and a regular 4x4 is the PRO-4X's 75-series tires, which are 5% taller than the non-Pro.

Was the Pro newer than your regular 4x4? The rear leafs on 2nd gens tend to W-shape after not too long even if you haul nothing but sailboat fuel. I added SumoSprings SSR-610-40 which "lifted" my truck back to nearly-stock height.

Wheel arch measurements:
FSM for CC 4x4 V6:
Front: 34.61" (34 5/8")
Rear: 35.63" (35 5/8")

My truck before (stock springs):
LF 34 3/8"
RF 34 3/8"
LR 34 1/4"
RR 34 1/4"

After installing GeneralSprings 69-285HD Leaf Springs:
F: 34 3/8"
R: 35 1/8"

After General Springs plus SumoSprings SSR-610-40 (20mi test drive loop to settle the springs):
LF: 34 3/8"
RF: 34 3/8"
LR: 35 1/2"
RR: 35 5/8"

More info here:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually mine is a 2019 with only 4000 pampered miles...I don't tow anything and only carry air in my bed...lol...Yes I'm one of those😉...got to say...my anal eye picked up the little in height difference..Guess tires would be the way to go when the time comes...🤝

·
Registered
199 Posts
did the Pro-4x have roof racks. With mine it measures around 77 inches which is about the same height as a Titan.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No... didn't have roof racks...I should have made myself clearer in my description...I was referring to the height of the way it sits on the ground...just kind of a low look for a 4wd if compared to a Tacoma or Colorado.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Frontier advertised with 8.9” of ground clearance. Tacoma has 9.4”, still looking to see if por4 has different
edit to say, all I can find list all 4wd frontiers as having 8.9” clearance, tire size will change that,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Frontier advertised with 8.9” of ground clearance. Tacoma has 9.4”, still looking to see if por4 has different
edit to say, all I can find list all 4wd frontiers as having 8.9” clearance, tire size will change that,
TFL compared measured specs of Taco and Fronty in this Video ground clearance.is 1 thru 2 min mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I should have no problems or rubbing issues if I put the bigger pro tires on my no pro frontier?

·
Registered
319 Posts
The comparison video is great, the Taco at $50k? I don’t think so,,,,,,,,it’s should have a few more “upgrades”,,, let’s see $50k and $37k, what could I do to a Pro4X for $13k,,,,hmmmmm, LoL or my Midnight and $25K lol

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Not sure there's any difference in height b/tw 4x4 vs 4x2 in SV trim?

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Look at any new full size pickup 4x4, they all sit lower and I’m sure it’s for safety in the passenger car crowd. Only the 3/4 and one tons come taller. I put 265-75-16’s on my 2016 SV and zero issues. It does change the speedometer just a tad slower but accrues miles slower too.

Clint

·
Registered
155 Posts
Stiffer Springs on PRO-4X

I have one of each and the difference is obvious. The 2014 now has 265/75s and 5100's set at 1" and is about even with the stock PRO-4X.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
our rear diff is actually 1/2" taller in the rear for clearance.... n saved a bunch of money buy not buying a taco.... :cool:

Reactions: }{Pro-4X}{

·
Registered
352 Posts
When I bought my 2017, I was trying to decide between a 4x2 in that copper color and the 4x4 in gun metallic and they were sitting side by side and I measured the height of the two, top of wheel wells, and they were the same. I went with 4x4 and lifted it 2.5 inches.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Clint...Thank you...good to hear there were no issues..seems the route I will go to bump it up a little 👍

·
Registered
430 Posts
So I should have no problems or rubbing issues if I put the bigger pro tires on my no pro frontier?
You'll have no problems or rubbing issues at all with the Pro-4X size tires (265/75R16) on stock Nissan wheels. Plus your speedometer/odometer will be more accurate. Seems to be calibrated for the 265/75R16.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The only thing I am not crazy about is how low my stock 2019 4x4 sits...Could almost pass as a 2wd by looks...I walked by a Pro today and could immediately see it sat a bit higher...Did some research and came up with the higher tires...Is there anything else besides tires?...Suspension...shocks etc? IF not...any issues or complications by just putting the 75's on when the current ones wear?...Like to keep it stock...don't want to get involved in lifting it but if its just the little difference in improvement with the Pro size tire I would be happy with that
Thanks all!
My 2019 Midnight, 4x has 18’s with 265/60 tires, the measurements are Front 34” and rear 35-1/2, Measured at the center of fender arches,,the tires measure right at 30”

·
Registered
65 Posts
our rear diff is actually 1/2" taller in the rear for clearance.... n saved a bunch of money buy not buying a taco.... :cool:
I've had both the Tacoma TRD Sport and now the 2019 SV, both 4wd. Nissan is definitely the better truck all the way around, regardless of the price. Only disturbing news is no manual transmissions going forward. Really hope they re-consider that mistake!

·
Registered
570 Posts
According to the FSM, there is not.

There is a (very) minor difference between KC and CC trucks. Interestingly, it lists the PRO-4X with its taller tires as the same overall height as the other trims.

ride-height.jpg

Look at any new full size pickup 4x4, they all sit lower and I’m sure it’s for safety in the passenger car crowd. Only the 3/4 and one tons come taller. I put 265-75-16’s on my 2016 SV and zero issues. It does change the speedometer just a tad slower but accrues miles slower too.

Clint
Although the overall cab heights might be similar, the belt lines/cab floors/bed rails/bed floors all seem to be getting higher up. My chief complaint of late-model trucks is that they are apparently designed for basketball players. I parked my '00 F-250 4x4 (with a 4" lift and 34" tires) next to a stock 2017 F-250 4x4, and my bed rails and tail gate were lower than the '17.

I'm looking at getting a '18-'19 F-150 4x4 in a few years, and because of the height difference, I think I'd want to put on the 2WD front shocks, kick out the rear lift blocks, and reverse-level it. That'd bring it down to a height closer to my 10th-gen F-150.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts