Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Only a little coolant at most will leak when you replace this.

ordered one for $11.93 total from RockAuto. not bad. i didn't see a way to add a 5% discount anywhere though?
One enters that number in a box that says "How did you hear about us". You lost out on 60 cents !!!
Lol but what number are you talking about to put in the box? I’m not worried about the .60 but may help on the $170.00.

·
Premium Member
7,016 Posts
From Rockauto in the vendor section:

5% Discount Code: EC847F9E024CBB
Expires: March 31, 2019

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Only a little coolant at most will leak when you replace this.

One enters that number in a box that says "How did you hear about us". You lost out on 60 cents!!!
their checkout page is a little complicated compared to most online shopping sites so it's easy to miss something. :laugh:

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.
better late than never o_O

well in this case late cost me 60 cents!!! :pullout:

I didn't even know they were a vendor here. :duh:

they are quick to ship though. just got an email saying they shipped it already. :D

i may just change it out whenever i do my first coolant change around 75k miles. seems like a logical time to do it.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts

Thanks shift RUSH

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I purchased compressor and condenser for my 2004 Frontier from Rock last fall, fit and quick delivery. Yes, I used 5% off...each of those was $100 less than Autozone for same part.

Stuff like PAG oil containing UV dye, O-rings for that job were purchased locally. The new drier was part of the condenser.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just picked the my order from Rock fast and just that part was at least 20% less even with shipping also the gas going all the way to O'Reilly or Advance but really that was fast put my order in 2/13 8:30pm delivered 10am 2/16 but like with everything didn't want to incur add charges so I held off on some stuff like light bulbs an a hose that were going to be coming from a different warehouse

Photo of the Doorman

Attachments

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Yep, really impressed with Rock Auto's shipping speed - very reasonable prices, too.

·
Super Moderator
3,592 Posts
I've placed hundreds of orders with Rockauto over the years. There's only two things you have to watch out for with them: shipping prices from multiple warehouses and clearance items. If you purchase multiple items, you want to try and get them shipped from the same warehouse, if possible, keep the shipping charges down. A little box truck silhouette will appear next to parts in their online catalog once you place your first part in the cart. As far as clearance items, many of them are old stock or stock being discontinued. I once purchased front struts for an '85 Trans Am; they were a great price, but 8-years old, with one of them locked-up. They took them back and gave me a full refund, including shipping charges, so I'm not complaining. It's just something to keep in mind. Otherwise, great service and if you have to e-mail their customer service, they get back within 1-day, in most cases. Or, you can call them direct.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
hmmm so does that make it hard to remove? i may just use the stock clamp instead of the blue one. that way it's easy to remove if needed down the road. i dunno i'll have to look at it in person to see how it works.

what about the other hose connection right beside it? do they make a part for that one too?
crap the other one breaks too. dorman doesn't make a part for that one though :(

Thread bump, but for anyone else who might come across this, Dorman offers a replacement with an aluminum T-connector.

Just to clarify, I put the Dorman part numbers in your photo. I plan on installing both during the next oil change.
IMG_1195.jpg

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Would the plastic sleeve serve as an insulator or isolator between the bypass/heater control valve and the core?
Like a "dielectric union" on a water heater?

The rubber hose that attaches to it is already an electrical insulator - so that's probably not why they made it out of plastic.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
797 Posts
Thread bump, but for anyone else who might come across this, Dorman offers a replacement with an aluminum T-connector.

Just to clarify, I put the Dorman part numbers in your photo. I plan on installing both during the next oil change.
View attachment 330918
I installed the Dorman outlet and Z1 bleeder inlet a couple of weeks ago. Neither had broken yet, but I replaced them out of caution. The heater works great now. Sure, the system is self-bleeding, but the bleeder helps that out tremendously.
5e8cde3897a6bc5c1c98fd6324624093.jpg

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I installed the Dorman outlet and Z1 bleeder inlet a couple of weeks ago. Neither had broken yet, but I replaced them out of caution. The heater works great now. Sure, the system is self-bleeding, but the bleeder helps that out tremendously.
View attachment 330929
I have the "waterfall" sound because there is probably air in the heater core. Heater works fine so I never bothered to try bleeding the air. But the waterfall sound plus the heater hose inlet and outlet installation is reason enough to get around to doing all three at once.

@RikRong did you need any A/C or fuel line disconnect tools to remove the heater inlet or outlet? I took a look under the hood and it looks like they are just held on with spring clamps. Just want to see before I yank on the rubber hose and inadvertently break something off.

Reactions: RikRong
41 - 54 of 54 Posts