Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I am thinking this is a heater core but want another opinion. So the symptoms are after 15 minutes of warmup the truck just blows cold air. So when I start driving the moment I press the gas I get hot air out. then when I get down the road to the stop light it will gradually get cold again. I may drive an 05 but im still under cirtified preowned full waranty so I just want a good idea since it seems my dealer is about horrible here.

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
Did you replace your coolant? It's possible that there was an air bubble in the system and you're missing a bit of coolant. If the core was bad you usually have a coolant loss and will smell it. Search on here as it was recently discussed.

Clint

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Air bubble in the coolant. Overfill the coolant reservoir. - to the very top..... it will force its way out.

Search - its talked about alot.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Air bubble in the coolant. Overfill the coolant reservoir. - to the very top..... it will force its way out.

Search - its talked about alot.

This will work. All you nned is about 1-1.5" over the "fill line" and go drive the truck

·
Registered
832 Posts
Same problem here, over and over again. I found the problem and HOW the air kept getting into my coolant system...

The tubes going in and out of my throttle body had little tiny cracks in them right where they connected to the throttle body. I replaced those, got the air out of the system once last time and it's been great since!

good luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Same problem here, over and over again. I found the problem and HOW the air kept getting into my coolant system...

The tubes going in and out of my throttle body had little tiny cracks in them right where they connected to the throttle body. I replaced those, got the air out of the system once last time and it's been great since!

good luck!
Could you smell coolent under the hood and if so what tubes could you post picture and is it on the passenger side of truck?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so added the coolant and as you said heater works great now. oh and as I filled air bubbles work their way though without even starting. but on to the next item up for bids.... Truck is going into the shop first appointment I can get. on ACC key position the oil pressure guage reads above half, now the engine hasn't been on for over an hour so there should be no pressure at this point. start it up and it pegs guess the sensor died.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2003 frontier, I’m 17 in high school. I drove to school this morning perfectly fine. I parked and idled for a few minutes with the heater on about half way, and all of a sudden, it started steaming and spraying out coolant and water. The leak looked like it was coming from under the intake manifold. I turned it off, I wasn’t paying attention to the temp gauge. But popped the hood and looked, nothing I could see was leaking. But there was a huge puddle under the truck and I could still hear it spraying out. I had to get to class but I was researching all day and I am still wondering if I have to take the manifold off to get to the hose. If I have the right tools with me I could do it after school in the parking lot. I would love it if someone could help me out and tell me what the best options I have. I live about 20 minutes away but my school is in downtown so it would be constant stop go. If I refill the radiator with distilled water does anyone think I could make it home to fix it, or just go to advanced auto parts and get the hose and replace it.
Advice would be really nice.
-Keegin

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
^ It's probably going to overheat very quickly if you attempt to drive it more than a very short distance.

You'll have a little bit of time, since a cold engine will take a couple minutes to heat up.

Unless you live within a few minutes of where it's currently parked, you'll need to either fix the leak where the truck is sitting, or have it towed.

Allowing the engine to overheat is VERY bad - can easily ruin it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.