Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I know this product has been used for years but it is usually only used on headers or motorcycle exhausts. Most people don't wrap their entire exhaust on their vehicle with this stuff. I don't think you are going this route but just putting it out there.

Most people have now gone the route of ceramic coatings. They do this becuase they feel that the header wrap will collect mositure and will eventually rust out your pipes. This is also debated since the hot pipes will burn off the moisture but overnight, it may do it destruction over a year or two.

Side Note: Why are you looking to wrap?

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to do something like this or heat shields on the portion of the exhaust that runs under the cab ,cause its putting off alot of heat and buiding up on the floorboards

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
i did the new pipes on my 4runner when I did the full custom exhaust and to be honest its easier to run heat shields

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was toying with the idea of doing ceramic coating on my DT catback with a local company. The guy quoted me $90. Here in Fresno, CA the company is Cap's Ceramic Coating (website Caps Bright Hot Coating). I was talking to a local mechanic and without my saying much he went on about how nice their work is on the hot rods around here. And they ship! Just FYI. Good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
FWIW, I had a heat problem on one of my bikes (cooking my right leg). I made a heat shield to try to solve the problem, with some success. As a last resort I had my entire exhaust (sans pipe) ceramic coated, and that did the trick. My IR thermo said -60 degrees.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wrapped the pipes coming off my cats to the muffler. The stuff does work to keep heat in the pipes, though it is a pain to work with because it is fiberglass. The wrap gets hot, but I can still touch it without being burned.

Dan

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got 50ft of heat wrap from ebay for $25 , took about 3hrs to dismantle the exhaust , wrap it and put it back into place

1 - 8 of 8 Posts