Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the scoop...have an 05 LE Crew Cab 2wd...have maybe $200.00 or so to spend on the truck, have a Volant CAI. I know (or to be honest have read) that to get the max out of a CAI you need to upgrade the exhaust. I am not looking to get the ricer tone or the wanna be V8 sound. I would like to learn about what might possibly be in my price range, give or take $50.00 from above, that would add an element of performance / smile on the face. I do really enjoy flogging the hell out of the truck from a freeway on ramp, especially when the light turns green and then being mellow. Is there a tuner in my price range or an exhaust /muffler to look at. I admit this stype of post has been flogged to death, and i have done some looking. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
flowmaster super 44. custom setup. 2.25" piping. you wont be disapointed

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers!
Do you know of a sound clip on the forum to give an idea of what I can expect?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
i have mine on a 3.3 and yours will sound better lemme see if i can find it

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Theres a sale going on with flowmaster/magnaflow/borla on amazon. Think they are going for $65? mufflers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers!
Placed in YouTUbe what you suggested with 2005 Frontier ahead of the specs. Sounded nice..am just trying to get max performance and balancing functionality (sp) for my $$$

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
2.5 would be better on the 4o.
for being loud anyway, i think stock is 2?
you know what i would get if i was you. for 200 you could get the pipping off a titan!
get an 07 or higher because thats when they changed the y design. and it would be awesome. i got my entire exhaust for 75$ so you will have money left over with this mod too.

but as i like to say, intakes and exhaust doesnt stroke and bore your motor. it wont sound like a v8 unless it is.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
i have heard that 2.25 is ideal for the 40s? but hey whats another .25?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Theres a sale going on with flowmaster/magnaflow/borla on amazon. Think they are going for $65? mufflers......
This is where I have to admit my complete and utter ignorance...so if I just keep the stock exhaust and simply add muffler as above I can achieve said goal of increasing performance / smile on face without looking / sounding like a jackass? Am sorry if I am offending anyone who has said combo...just researching options...if I did not surf, have two 80lb dogs and a daughter who is now driving I would be in a Z

mmmmmmmmm.........that sounds very intersting...do I look for a junkyard deal on a trashed titan? How does one go about getting an exhaust from a different truck?

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
titan forum would be the best or local cl, everyone puts exhaust on their titans so getting it should be very easy, hahahah i hate exhaust. i like stock and quiet.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
If you buy a dual in and out muffler and get 2.25" piping you'll get the maximum performance. There are dozens of threads on this topic of "how to get the best performance/power gain".

If i had to do it all over again, i would just replace the y-pipe and if i wanted a little bit of power gain and some more power i would buy a muffler.

Everyone knows the y-pipe is the biggest restriction...well not everyone, most.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts