Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably useless thread, but for those who don’t know how to, hear is how to remove the headrest. I removed my driver side one because it’s annoying every time I wear my cowboy hat it bumps the back of the seat. I don’t consider it that dangerous because trucks up through the 80’s your only headrest was smashing your head through the back glass, people also didn’t wear seatbelts that often then either. Anyway the process is pretty simple. Pull the headrest up all the way, there is a button on the side. Push it in (you may need flat head screwdriver if it’s stuck) While pushing in pull headrest up. Should come out. If you want to put it back in, line up the holes pop it in and your good to go.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab
57 Posts
Probably useless thread, but for those who don’t know how to, hear is how to remove the headrest. I removed my driver side one because it’s annoying every time I wear my cowboy hat it bumps the back of the seat. I don’t consider it that dangerous because trucks up through the 80’s your only headrest was smashing your head through the back glass, people also didn’t wear seatbelts that often then either. Anyway the process is pretty simple. Pull the headrest up all the way, there is a button on the side. Push it in (you may need flat head screwdriver if it’s stuck) While pushing in pull headrest up. Should come out. If you want to put it back in, line up the holes pop it in and your good to go.
No offence, but just cause people used to do dangerous stuff in the past doesn't mean it was a good idea. The headrest serves a very important lifesaving purpose, I wouldn't recommend removing it for any reason. We're lucky to have vehicles designed not to ruin our lives or kill us in event of an accident.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wearing a seatbelt serves an important purpose, yet for many decades people choose not to wear one. When I’m not wearing my hat it takes 2 seconds to pop back in and use the rest of the time. Everything time we get behind the wheel there is a risk that it may be your last time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally I’d rather not have to take my hat off every time I get into my truck. That can get annoying after getting in and out several times.

·
Premium Member
2019 Frontier SV 4X4 CC A/T 2.5" lift
79 Posts
"I don’t consider it that dangerous because trucks up through the 80’s your only headrest was smashing your head through the back glass, people also didn’t wear seatbelts that often then either" bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I'm dying 😭 that's going to be my excuse for everything now "Well, they didn't have that **** in the 80s"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Personally I’d rather not have to take my hat off every time I get into my truck. That can get annoying after getting in and out several times.
I dunno man, I do it every time. Removing the headrest over something so trivial is silly. You can turn a minor accident into a lifetime of neck injuries, all over your hat.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another reason to drive a truck and not a Toyota Prius, and yes I know the risk. I totaled out my last truck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whatever man, just hope you don't have to learn the hard way what a silly risk you're taking

·
Registered
22 Posts
Trucks ain't much safer than a small car when everybody else is driving SUV's and trucks too. I guess somebody has to prove Darwin right.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Accidents are never planned.

Reactions: woodtemple

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know, otherwise I would still be driving my 2015 Chevy Silverado, I’d have another if I could have afforded it.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,099 Posts
there were no chevies around that age for sale where ever you are? they are for sale all over down here in corpus? frontiers and half ton trucks are very similarly priced from what I have seen.

I have no comment on removing the headrest. sometimes they annoy me too but I don't wear a cowboy hat in the truck, but very rarely, so I just throw it on the dash when I get in and bump the headrest with it

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there were no chevies around that age for sale where ever you are? they are for sale all over down here in corpus? frontiers and half ton trucks are very similarly priced from what I have seen.

I have no comment on removing the headrest. sometimes they annoy me too but I don't wear a cowboy hat in the truck, but very rarely, so I just throw it on the dash when I get in and bump the headrest with it
I’m 19. My Dad gave me his old truck that used to be his company car that he bought out from the company, and I wrecked at age 17. I live in Illinois. The biggest challenge for me was finding a truck I could afford and one that wasn’t rusted out. Tough to find cheap and not rusted up in my state.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts