Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my truck and it is pretty damp all across the top of the headliner near the rear window. I thought it might be the third brake light but I silconed it and it is not the issue. Is this the rear window seal and if so how much will that run to replace?

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Have someone else on the sprayer while you observe what's going on in the cab...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Explain how you "siliconed it" please.
I took the third brake light off because I noticed a few water spots on ym rear window after washing a few weeks ago. When I removed it I noticed the gasket was torn in several places. I peeled off all the loose parts but left the solid intact places. I then used kitchen/tub/tile white silicone and spread it all over the third brake light mating gasket places and reinstalled.Did I do something wrong?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took the third brake light off because I noticed a few water spots on ym rear window after washing a few weeks ago. When I removed it I noticed the gasket was torn in several places. I peeled off all the loose parts but left the solid intact places. I then used kitchen/tub/tile white silicone and spread it all over the third brake light mating gasket places and reinstalled.Did I do something wrong?
I had the same spots and did the same fix about 9 months ago and haven't had any problems since. I couldn't find the gasket by itself, iirc. Or maybe I did and went with the caulk for another reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts