Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Not a Frontier owner myself but I'm replacing the headliner in a friend's 01 King Cab. I am trying to figure out the name/part number of something I broke. This the the poverty edition where instead of the 'oh-sht' handle you get a couple plastic pieces instead as seen in this picture:

I broke one of those little guys taking it out. I have gone to 5 different places to try to find a generic replacement but have had no luck. The parts diagrams I have been able to find online aren't much help either because they show the version with the handle:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm is the hardware there where you could buy a handle and put it there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, they usually mold a part number in the back of them. Can you post a pic of the back of one of the plugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
When the headliner fabric on my 1998 dropped, I saw that I'd have to remove the rear plastic pieces to remove the cardboard headliner for re-upholstery. I was 100% sure that those plastic plugs, and maybe the plastic pieces themselves, would break. So I just spray painted the cardboard headliner gray, truck has 209K on it, doesn't need to look too good !!!

We may need a Nissan parts guy or body shop guy to figure this part number/source out for us.

·
Super Moderator
3,681 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now we're getting somewhere. I didn't even think to measure it. Turns out the stock one is 6mm x 28mm so those would be close. Knowing the bolt size is helpful - now gives me the option of ordering a handle instead.

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
Might also hit up a local McFadden-Dale or Fastenal store. They usually stock various "Christmas tree" plugs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Don't be frugal. I broke one and went to the dealer with a pic on my phone and got a half dozen for a couple bucks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is the part number they show in one of my books:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts