Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if theres any companys out there that are makinf aftermarket head lights for the 2009 nissan frontiers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The whole assembly? Why would you want to change yours if it is still new?

If it exists, it would cost 300-400 PER headlight. You be looking at 1k for both front and a huge time sink to install and getting it to work correctly.

Get high quality halogen or xenon bulbs instead.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been looking for projector headlights for an 09 and they aren't available now. I installed some HID and I might put some LED stripes for some turn signals. I would like to find some projectors though to clean up my light pattern.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you want to change about the headlights? Make them projectors, blacked out, add LED strips?
I want to black them out, and maybe some led's i just kinda want to make em different ehn ever truck in town but i kinda like the idea of that projector system.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Your best bet is to pick up a second set of stock lights and start from there.

Check out HID Retrofit Parts Projectors Ballasts D2S Bulbs for ideas on led strips and projectors. Also, The Retrofit Source (U.S.) - HID Projector Retrofit Kits, Retrofit and HID Componenents, Projectors Lens, Wiring Harnesses, Shrouds and more! is the place to buy the Leds and real HID parts.

Once you figure out what you want to do you have to decide whether you want to tackle it yourself or farm it out to Brad (XPBQN) or others.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I want to black them out, and maybe some led's i just kinda want to make em different ehn ever truck in town but i kinda like the idea of that projector system.
Be warned, the projector system is expensive and not too easy to do (we're talking around $1000+). If that's your thing, okay... but normal people aren't willing to spend that much for insignificantly better headlights. But hey... if its your thing...

EDIT: $1000+ assuming you buy new stock headlights to modify, which you should do instead of potentially screwed up your own or not being able to drive at night for 2 weeks if you send your own in to that guy (which isn't a good idea imo).

·
Registered
398 Posts
Be warned, the projector system is expensive and not too easy to do (we're talking around $1000+). If that's your thing, okay... but normal people aren't willing to spend that much for insignificantly better headlights. But hey... if its your thing...

EDIT: $1000+ assuming you buy new stock headlights to modify, which you should do instead of potentially screwed up your own or not being able to drive at night for 2 weeks if you send your own in to that guy (which isn't a good idea imo).
That is still high, unless you buy brand new lights from the dealer. Here is a break down of my hid retro so far. Note that other then the actual projector housings, everything is OEM componets, not China knockoff stuff.

Projectors, Bulbs, Ballasts, wiring - $360
Used headlights off ebay - $105
Misc. (dremel bits, foil tape, etc) - $50

Total (not counting my time) - $515

1 - 9 of 9 Posts