Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
Just to be clear, is that factory fogs with LEDs? Or aftermarket projector fogs with LEDs? If it's factory I bet that light beam scatters/spreads out more at 30-feet

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just to be clear, is that factory fogs with LEDs? Or aftermarket projector fogs with LEDs? If it's factory I bet that light beam scatters/spreads out more at 30-feet
Factory housings, with LED bulbs. I can try parking further away tonight for another shot. I think I was about 10-feet in that picture. I didn't take a picture before but I checked the factory bulb on the wall and the cutoff actually seemed better with the LED.

·
Registered
880 Posts
actually the pic in the field shows those fogs not spreading out and distorting badly. I think its safe to say putting an LED bulb in the stock housing for the fogs is ok. Not the halogens though

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
actually the pic in the field shows those fogs not spreading out and distorting badly. I think its safe to say putting an LED bulb in the stock housing for the fogs is ok. Not the halogens though
LOL what?? c'mon dude, really...

...That's because there's nothing above the grass to reflect and show the actual light pattern and scatter LOL

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I've been pretty happy with the SLF bulbs by Diode Dynamics. I think they are about $100 as well. Not sure if the cheapy LEDs on amazon would provide as good of a cut off (as good as it gets with reflectors anyway)

Output with SLF fogs only

cutoff on garage
Dude those look awesome, I need to take a picture like that and see what my projector headlights look like and block of the headlights and see what the fog look like by them selves.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Simple solution to the problem...don't drive at night!!! LOL

Actually I am fairly happy with the OEM lights, but then I had Chrysler LH cars in the 90's and would have got more light out of a D cell flashlight!!! :)
One of my relatives owns a mid-90's Plymouth minivan - Those headlights are as useless as t*ts on a boar hog!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well this is an anticlimactic result, but due to an upcoming expense of new summer tires, I cheaped out and bought a single sylvania halogen to replace the one bulb that burnt. I used rubber gloves to install this time, to avoid ruining the bulb. Hope it works out. thaks for the advice.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought led bulbs off of Amazon and they are great as long as you adjust them rite you won't have a problem I've had them for 6 months now and never get flashed at

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I bought led bulbs off of Amazon and they are great as long as you adjust them rite you won't have a problem I've had them for 6 months now and never get flashed at
How does your light pattern appear on a wall at night? Pic?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Will believe there's a nice/sharp cutoff (on a wall) when I see it. Glad you're not being flashed, though.
Our OEM headlights are pretty sad.

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
Will believe there's a nice/sharp cutoff (on a wall) when I see it. Glad you're not being flashed, though.
Our OEM headlights are pretty sad.
Negatron... just look at the lights high up on those trees

Can't believe people think just changing the bulb will give you a flat cutoff. The bulb just lights up, and the light reflects off the halogen housing. The housing is what determines where light goes, and where/if it has a cutoff.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Find it annoyingly amusing when I flash somebody's bright lights and they then flash me back with their brights. IFF their low-beam lights are bright to me in a truck, can only imagine how they appear to someone in a car. Either they have installed LEDs in their halogen housings OR there is a SEVERE issue in how their headlights are aimed. Of course, it could be cargo/bodies in trunk? IDK

·
Registered
30 Posts
I finally had my first headlight die yesterday at over 286K(miles) is a pretty good life. I think I'm going to order what came out of the truck. I stopped at napa to get something to get me by and that is all I got, for sure. First off the girl behind the register was so stoned that it her took 15 min to look up my headlight bulb. I told her the make, model, and year, then she wrote it down, and two seconds later asked me what kind of vehicle it was. Then said, a few minutes later, "that's a truck right?".... The service and whatever pos napa brand headlight she broght me sucked. I have always been very pleased with the factory lights but I can't see sh.... I mean.. nothin with these sorry lights. I'll be ordering the exact part number off of the old bulb

Sylvania HB5 9007QL

the date on the bulb that was still working is Sept 18 07. I got in a wreck and that bulb must have gotten replaced
the date on the bulb that went out was Aug 16 04.

I think sylvania might have a customer for life. lol btw I do drive at night quite a bit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't find the Sylvania QL series anywhere online. Oh well. Silver stars it is

21 - 38 of 38 Posts