Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to adjust the headlamps up just a small amt. All I can find is the vertical aim screw.
Is there a way for horizontal adjustment on the O5 Frontier?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
horizontal aim

For details, refer to the regulations in your state.
When performing headlamp aiming adjustment, use an aiming wall screen.
Before performing aiming adjustment, check the following.
1. Check all tires and adjust to correct pressure.
2. Place vehicle and screen on a level surface.
3. Be sure there is no additional load in vehicle other than the driver (or equivalent weight placed in driver's
position). Coolant and engine oil filled to correct level, and fuel tank full.
4. Confirm spare tire, jack and tools are properly stowed.
NOTE:
By regulation, no means for horizontal aim adjustment is provided from the factory; only vertical aim is adjustable.
1. Turn headlamp low beam on.
2. Use adjustment screw to perform aiming adjustment.
 Cover the opposite lamp and ensure fog lamps, if equipped, are turned off.
CAUTION:
Do not tighten adjustment screw beyond a torque of 1.67 N·m (17 kg-cm, 14.8 in-lb) or damage
may occur.
3. Adjust beam pattern until cut-off line (top edge of illumination area) is positioned at same height off ground
as bulb center (on H-line). Measure cut-off line within distance A on H-line. See aiming chart below.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I bought a set of Helio's hid's for my 2005 nismo and would like to adjust the height of the beams. where exactly is the adjustment screws? would I have to remove the air fliter box and the battery to get to them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
Can someone tell me if the small white allen key bolt is the adjustment for the headlights and do they screw down or up to adjust the head lights up.
Yes i know its one of them foreign trucks but they might be the same as the fronty
there is an electric adjustment dial next to the electric mirror adjustment but it wont go up high enough.
THANKS and dont flame me if you guys dont have electric adjustable head lights its not my fault.
 

Attachments

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
navara-au said:
Can someone tell me if the small white allen key bolt is the adjustment for the headlights and do they screw down or up to adjust the head lights up.
Yes i know its one of them foreign trucks but they might be the same as the fronty
there is an electric adjustment dial next to the electric mirror adjustment but it wont go up high enough.
THANKS and dont flame me if you guys dont have electric adjustable head lights its not my fault.

DAMN YOU FOR HAVING IN CAB ADJUSTABLE HEAD LIGHTS!!!

Just kidding....

those probably are... but... I looks like what they cal a "jack Screw" and it probably cannot adjust higher than the motor allows...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
tc3driver said:
navara-au said:
Can someone tell me if the small white allen key bolt is the adjustment for the headlights and do they screw down or up to adjust the head lights up.
Yes i know its one of them foreign trucks but they might be the same as the fronty
there is an electric adjustment dial next to the electric mirror adjustment but it wont go up high enough.
THANKS and dont flame me if you guys dont have electric adjustable head lights its not my fault.

DAMN YOU FOR HAVING IN CAB ADJUSTABLE HEAD LIGHTS!!!

Just kidding....

those probably are... but... I looks like what they cal a "jack Screw" and it probably cannot adjust higher than the motor allows...
So you have some thing different ?
Electric adjustment is really good but since i beefed up the springs they dont adjust high enough and i dont like to turn the wrong screw knowing my luck the head lights will fall out.
thanks for the quick reply
 

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
navara-au said:
tc3driver said:
navara-au said:
Can someone tell me if the small white allen key bolt is the adjustment for the headlights and do they screw down or up to adjust the head lights up.
Yes i know its one of them foreign trucks but they might be the same as the fronty
there is an electric adjustment dial next to the electric mirror adjustment but it wont go up high enough.
THANKS and dont flame me if you guys dont have electric adjustable head lights its not my fault.

DAMN YOU FOR HAVING IN CAB ADJUSTABLE HEAD LIGHTS!!!

Just kidding....

those probably are... but... I looks like what they cal a "jack Screw" and it probably cannot adjust higher than the motor allows...
So you have some thing different ?
Electric adjustment is really good but since i beefed up the springs they dont adjust high enough and i dont like to turn the wrong screw knowing my luck the head lights will fall out.
thanks for the quick reply
yes we do...

as most of the world percives americans as morons, we dont get cool things like in cab adjustable headlights.

here is a pic of ours...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
tc3driver said:
navara-au said:
tc3driver said:
navara-au said:
Can someone tell me if the small white allen key bolt is the adjustment for the headlights and do they screw down or up to adjust the head lights up.
Yes i know its one of them foreign trucks but they might be the same as the fronty
there is an electric adjustment dial next to the electric mirror adjustment but it wont go up high enough.
THANKS and dont flame me if you guys dont have electric adjustable head lights its not my fault.

DAMN YOU FOR HAVING IN CAB ADJUSTABLE HEAD LIGHTS!!!

Just kidding....

those probably are... but... I looks like what they cal a "jack Screw" and it probably cannot adjust higher than the motor allows...
So you have some thing different ?
Electric adjustment is really good but since i beefed up the springs they dont adjust high enough and i dont like to turn the wrong screw knowing my luck the head lights will fall out.
thanks for the quick reply
yes we do...

as most of the world percives (IMO correctly) americans as morons, we dont get cool things like in cab adjustable headlights.

here is a pic of ours...
Just remember they're your words not mine :) I'm heavilly out numbered and dont want to cause trouble :?
 

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it...

I dont think it will shock anyone...

most of the people here seem to have thier heads sqarely on thier shoulders :D

not to take this too far off the beaten path, we have the easiest drivers test percapa than any other country in the world, seriously it seems that all one has to do to get a license here is breathe, and here's your license. of course I have a slightly skewed perception of it, because I live in southern california, we have some of the most rude and offensive drivers on the planet (new york beats us I think), we also have the most and "best" highway infastructure in the us, yet we have nearly the most traffic. (again I believe that new york beats us there too).

and my perception has changed muchly since my cross country trek... it seems once out of LA, orange, riverside, and san bernardino counties, people suddenly have half a brain for driving, and once you are out of state, the drivers are accualy courtious 8O (with the exception of a few places in texas, and florida).

please note that I am bassing these oppnions off of personal experiance, I have driven through all the western states and all the southern states, MO, and IL as well.

and I will also say that I am not intending on offending anyone...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
Do they ??
:D Yes you are right a very friendly and helpfull bunch. Not like the yota mob :evil:
And by the way that is the adjustment screw and the jobs done and the headlights didn't fall out .
 

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Glad to hear it XD :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
tc3driver Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldnt worry about it...

I dont think it will shock anyone...

most of the people here seem to have thier heads sqarely on thier shoulders

not to take this too far off the beaten path, we have the easiest drivers test percapa than any other country in the world, seriously it seems that all one has to do to get a license here is breathe, and here's your license. of course I have a slightly skewed perception of it, because I live in southern california, we have some of the most rude and offensive drivers on the planet (new york beats us I think), we also have the most and "best" highway infastructure in the us, yet we have nearly the most traffic. (again I believe that new york beats us there too).

and my perception has changed muchly since my cross country trek... it seems once out of LA, orange, riverside, and san bernardino counties, people suddenly have half a brain for driving, and once you are out of state, the drivers are accualy courtious (with the exception of a few places in texas, and florida).

please note that I am bassing these oppnions off of personal experiance, I have driven through all the western states and all the southern states, MO, and IL as well.

and I will also say that I am not intending on offending anyone...
[/quote]

totally have to agree i just went to take my motorcycle permit test yesterday and it was only twenty questions only 5 of which had anything to do with actually driving a motorcycle. 11 were about driving while intoxicated and the rest were identifiing road signs. now doesnt it seem silly to ask someone that allready has their drivers license about stuff they should allready know.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top